1.2 Tsi spark plug change

awfabia

Any suggestions for better access to No.4 spark plug ( the one nearest the kerb )?  It has the silver coloured heat shield which makes it quite difficult to get the socket on the spark plug. Do we remove this shield?  I'm sure I'm not the first to ask. Engine No. prefixed with 'CBZ' and it's a 2013, last of the pre-facelift models.

I'm no longer so keen on plug removal with the DI high tech engines.

The components seem a touch delicate, vulnerable and potentially exy if accidentally mishandled.

But I guess one day, if a manual becomes available, I'll be tempted to fiddle, when it's out of warranty of course.

8 hours ago, Ryeman said:

I'm no longer so keen on plug removal with the DI high tech engines.

The components seem a touch delicate, vulnerable and potentially exy if accidentally mishandled.

But I guess one day, if a manual becomes available, I'll be tempted to fiddle, when it's out of warranty of course.

Take a look at youtube where you will find a number of examples of how to remove coil packs and change spark plugs. I did not see a video for Skoda, but did see a couple for VW, which is certainly close enough. I changed the plugs in my Yeti without any fuss or problems.

2 minutes ago, Banjobach said:

Take a look at youtube where you will find a number of examples of how to remove coil packs and change spark plugs. I did not see a video for Skoda, but did see a couple for VW, which is certainly close enough. I changed the plugs in my Yeti without any fuss or problems.

Yeah, I forgot the 'eManual'.

One reason I got rid of my Golf was the removal of a manifold to change spark plugs

and the associated cost (the other was trying to tell me it needed a new rear wiper

unit as the washer jet was not working, the jet had been removed and reinserted upside down!)

• 11 months later...