Goodbye/Hello

Brijo

2 hours ago, Brijo said:

Rather to our surprise, we've changed the car - but it hardly shows. 

We no longer have the big caravan that was the reason for the 140 4x4 back in April 2012.  Logic said that a smaller engine might do now but I was reluctant to part with the 2 litre diesel's guts round the hills and its effortless cruising on long journeys.  I had even decided to ignore Dieselgate BUT - recently I'd started thinking that it wouldn't be fair of me if, for whatever reason, it was my wife who had to deal with any problems that might come up. 

So I began to wonder whether a 1.2TSI really would feel inadequate, after having power to spare.  When a 1.2 DSG showed up at the local dealer we had the opportunity to give it a fair local run.  Surprise, it could climb hills and didn't fall off the road in the local twisties.  Then, looking at the details, we realised that it was one of the last pre-FLs (15 months younger than Annie), Elegance spec with Gobi leather, and only 14K miles on the clock.  A winning smile from m'lady brought the cost-to-change within grasp and that was that. 

Where Expatman repeated his ex-works 16" wheel deal, I think I've fairly kept at least Associate Membership of the UK Special Build 16" Club by having my Moons transferred to Annie 2, along with the spare wheel.  We're going to miss Annie 1 in lots of ways but I wonder how long before the neighbours twig the different number plate, because the colour's the same Muscovado.  

I was planning to transfer my Moons to my new Yeti if Skoda wouldn't supply a new one with 16" wheels. However, absolutely no problem with Skoda and they couldn't have been more helpful in intercepting the Dealer order and converting to 16" wheels. Dealer was kept in loop all the time and were excellent to deal with, whole process was smooth, pain free and a tribute to Skoda customer service and dealer network (Dennis Horton Lincoln). 

21 hours ago, Expatman said:

... Skoda ... couldn't have been more helpful in intercepting the Dealer order and converting to 16" wheels. ...

Yes, I'd read that with a degree of wonderment!  Are we talking about Škoda UK??  Perhaps your reputation had gone before you and they didn't want to go through all that again!  For me, another new Yeti just wasn't possible but Hughes of course knew all about my 16" episode and were not surprised, I think, that I wasn't going to part with them :shake:

1 hour ago, Brijo said:

Yes, I'd read that with a degree of wonderment!  Are we talking about Škoda UK??  Perhaps your reputation had gone before you and they didn't want to go through all that again!  For me, another new Yeti just wasn't possible but Hughes of course knew all about my 16" episode and were not surprised, I think, that I wasn't going to part with them :shake:

I had no problem either time in getting Skoda(UK) to intervene and change the Dealers order at the factory to 16" wheels, both times all it took was one e-mail to the MD and I got an almost immediate reply from an Executive at Skoda(UK) who couldn't have done more to make the whole process easy and simple. Kept me and the dealer informed at every stage of progress, make date etc. They even told me the two makes of tyres I could end up with - Continental or Goodyear - luckily ended up with Goodyear Efficientgrips which were my preferred option. Dealer told me they couldn't have specified the wheel change ...'that can only be done by someone senior at HQ'.

Just to say I have absolutely NO connection whatsoever with Skoda, this is my third - Octy in 2005, Yeti in 2012 and now another Yeti in 2017. So not exactly a quick repeat customer. In all honesty I have always found Skoda in the UK to be helpful and quick to respond to any query. personally I can't fault them - others might have different experiences but I can only say it as I see it.

• Like 3