Haldex pump replace or fix.

My Haldex 4 pump is reported as not functioning. I've just had a routine variable service and the dealer picked up the error code. They've offered a 35% discount as good will gesture as the part has failed 11 months out of the 3 year warranty, but still want £237 for a new one fitted. Do I have a go at fixing the pump? I've done some research on here and it is reported that cleaning up the motor will normally restore it to fully functioning again. Do I have to drain the oil from the Haldex? Is there a step by step guide anywhere that some one can point me to.  

That's an all-in price aparently, but I didn't ask whether that included the oil specifically. I just said does that include everything, and she said it did.

If anyone knows if the oil needs draining or has a link to a repair guide I'd be very grateful. 

The oil needs draining and then renewing as part of the job. 

£237 for a guaranteed fix with a new pump sounds very reasonable. 

You can search google for a repair guide but they generally end up being ambitious projects where the participant has to replace the pump anyway. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, James@Pentagon_Seat said:

The oil needs draining and then renewing as part of the job. 

£237 for a guaranteed fix with a new pump sounds very reasonable. 

You can search google for a repair guide but they generally end up being ambitious projects where the participant has to replace the pump anyway. 

Yes its not a bad price, but i'm still annoyed, as the car isn't 4 years old yet. It would be great to hear if anyone has sucessfully repaired their pump. I've seen several threads which say they just needed to clean up the commutator. It sounded believable as I had a subaru with a radiator fan with no torque, I was about to spend £300 on a replacement then had a go at a repair cleaned up the motor and it lasted for years.

Have you spoke to skoda customer care to see if they can persuade the dealer to push for more good will?

Was the haldex oil changed in the past? If so it seems a little unfair for you to be slapped with the bill if it was maintained and clearly component failure. 

• Like 1