Fabia Ambiente electric windows

humam

Hello everyone, 

I have Fabia Ambiente  1.4L 16V 75 automatic.

The problem is that both front electric windows they are not working if you open by the remote control. However, when you open the car manually they will work for around 15 minutes even with ignition off

and they'll stop working again, Fuses are okay, beside the windows regulator, motors and switches, so if anyone have any idea please let me know.

Thanks  

Hi, they're not supposed to work with the remote. They work when you use the key to unlock/lock the door and hold it in that position... i.e hold it in the unlock position to open and hold it in the lock position to close. Regarding them working with the ignition, that's part of the "S-contact" a convenience feature which allows the windows to work for around 10 minutes after the ignition has been turned off provided a door has not been opened (I believe the driver's door).

If yours works even with the driver's door open, then your microswitch may be faulty resulting in there being no recognition of the door opening.

Hope that helps

Thanks for your reply, but this is not the matter, when I open by the key the windows will start immediately if I press the switch even without inserting the key in the ignition and I already tried the hold position thing, it did not work    

Edited by humam