Felicia track rod flip / bumpsteer correction??

Fair play for drilling them out! Even machining them out with a carbide cutter took a while.

I was also supplied bolts that were too short so changed them for longer ones. 

I didn't have to take any material away from the ball joint extenders though to get them to fit.

• Like 1

@Jeggo Nothing personal; more that I thought it was important to get the actual statement of what sort of length a bolt (or indeed a set screw since it sounds like those are what you were supplied with I think: Also i agree that bolts are preferable unless you need threads down to the head) should be relative to the material it passes through plus its nut in here.

So after a little bit of driving i can say that the steering feels a bit quicker than before and its softer over bumps. Whole car handles pretty well, just needs more power now!

@Jeggo As I say, those were set screws (the difference is that a bolt doesn't have threads cut right to the head), and when they were that much too short I'd suggest they were "not of merchantable quality".

• 3 months later...

Please read. BALL JOINT JOINT EXTENDERS ARE DANGEROUS. If you're currently running them please stop with immediate affect. Been running them for 4 months and they've been fine but one snapped on me the other night. The car was completely uncontrollable  and un moveable. Luckily it happened at 20 mph but would have been very dangerous on the motorway. The driveshaft fell out as well. So that left me in the middle of the road at 4:00am with an un moveable car. Luckily enough I carry a lot of tools with me and a random friend happened to walk past at that time of the morning and gave me his trolley jack. I was able to put the original ball joint back in the hole and drive it home. 

I've seen people weld them to the knuckle, I now see why. Most of you probably don't know what they are and will probably never run them but I wouldn't want someone fitting them based on my recommendation and crashing and dying. Stay safe.

35882042644_fe7882e1f2_b.jpg

36547490802_13ab4bda54_b.jpg

35907534163_fbd9a6807d_b.jpg

36321570570_de288ce68a_b.jpg