Superskoda Rear Difuser, Waiting since September 12th!!

Just posting this to see if anyone else on here has any info on when these are due in stock. I ordered & paid for mine on Sept 12th & 2 days later was told they were 'dispatched' & even given a tracking number. After 2 weeks of waiting, I contacted them only to be told (abruptly on a one line response) that they had 20 in stock but sold too many & that they will be in again in November. Despite me a asking how can you send someone a 'Despatched' email when you hadn't despatched any goods I still haven't received a satisfactory answer. Anyway, November came & went, I contacted them again only to be told (bluntly) December. Then it was January & the last response was again, bluntly, "due in March". They did offer me a refund but I figured I've waited this long now so might as well hold on as I do think it will be worth it. What annoys me is the blunt, one line responses, not one apology or proper explanation for the delay. I can understand delays & hold ups but why give me dates when they clearly don't know when they are arriving? Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this when enquiring? Anyone here get a bit more info or explanation as to the delay? I've ordered many goods off of SS before & never had an issue until now. I just want to hear what you guys think before I fire off my complaint to them... Apologies for the rant!

Don't know if I feel better or worse after that :dull: Petr won't be winning any Customer Service awards anytime soon I think.... 

Edited by Rebelred

Petr needs to appreciate how fast and wide bad news can travel; he clearly doesn't think he has much to loose.

Well Petr, if you happen to read this: I have only one (good) experience of buying from Superskoda but you can be sure that I, and probably many others, will be very wary about buying from you again.

I guess that if the supplier.... superskoda in this case cant get stock... they cant get stock... and therefore unable to provide the customer with their purchase...  fact of the matter is, if they dont have stock to dispatch, what else can they do....................    which the answer is .. CUSTOMER SERVICE....  one line emails dont provide confidence to a customer.

Even if the facts are the same, customer emails need to be padded out a bit to show "they care" and leave the customer with realistic time scales.

Cheap prices pull in customers... but customer service retains them.

• Like 3

On 31/03/2017 at 00:10, RickTT said:

I guess that if the supplier.... superskoda in this case cant get stock... they cant get stock... and therefore unable to provide the customer with their purchase...  fact of the matter is, if they dont have stock to dispatch, what else can they do....................    which the answer is .. CUSTOMER SERVICE....  one line emails dont provide confidence to a customer.

Even if the facts are the same, customer emails need to be padded out a bit to show "they care" and leave the customer with realistic time scales.

Cheap prices pull in customers... but customer service retains them.

Spot on Rick, as I said I've no problem with there being a delay but firstly, inform the customer, secondly, apologise & thirdly, give a realistic timeframe.

Can anybody tell me what the normal delivery time is from SS for items in stock? I've just ordered wind deflectors, mud flaps and carpets from them. Have absolutely no idea what waiting time to expect.

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, Jaytip said:

Can anybody tell me what the normal delivery time is from SS for items in stock? I've just ordered wind deflectors, mud flaps and carpets from them. Have absolutely no idea what waiting time to expect.

Cheers.

I ordered some stuff last Wednesday,it's due for delivery tomorrow (going by the tracking) 

the last order from them I had in 5 days,I can't complain about them

1 hour ago, gizmo98 said:

I ordered some stuff last Wednesday,it's due for delivery tomorrow (going by the tracking) 

the last order from them I had in 5 days,I can't complain about them

Thank you.

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Well nearly 9 months later and I finally have a tracking No.!! :o

They are back in stock at SS.

Fingers crossed its the correct one
:o

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 19:13, Gizmo said:

Well nearly 9 months later and I finally have a tracking No.!! :o

They are back in stock at SS.

Thanks for the update Gizmo, I have a tracking order No. too, says it was despatched on the 29th June so hopefully won't be too long now.. Will keep ye posted

On 02/07/2017 at 19:32, RickTT said:

Fingers crossed its the correct one
:o

On 02/07/2017 at 22:21, Gizmo said:

Dont even go there! :sweat:

Well it’s arrived... and it’s the correct one :thumbup:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Well it’s arrived... and it’s the correct one :thumbup:

Same here... no apology though... ;)

I've just ordered one today....hopefully it'll arrive this year

Does anybody know how easy they are to fit? I guess it's just a load of clips, but I'm not sure how the parking sensors are attached...

53 minutes ago, Rebelred said:

Same here... no apology though... ;)

It wouldn't have hurt would it... even a discount code for your 'next' order, however as I have previously said their CS is nothing short of shocking so I am not really surprised, I for one will not order from them again if I can really help it. 

1 minute ago, drewellis said:

I've just ordered one today....hopefully it'll arrive this year

Does anybody know how easy they are to fit? I guess it's just a load of clips, but I'm not sure how the parking sensors are attached...

Yes there are a load of clips that need to be pressed in whilst the diffuser is prised away from the bumper (changed one on a TT and the Yeti). 

The parking sensor holders need need to be re stuck onto the new diffuser, I will either use 'carpet tape' or 3M foam tape... depending on the thickness of the OE tape, I will also hot glue the edges of the sensor holders for added security. 

I will I'll probably do a walk through but I don't imagine it's going to be difficult. 

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Yes there are a load of clips that need to be pressed in whilst the diffuser is prised away from the bumper (changed one on a TT and the Yeti). 

The parking sensor holders need need to be re stuck onto the new diffuser, I will either use 'carpet tape' or 3M foam tape... depending on the thickness of the OE tape, I will also hot glue the edges of the sensor holders for added security. 

I will I'll probably do a walk through but I don't imagine it's going to be difficult. 

Thanks Gizmo, not looking forward to the sensors part tbh but I'm sure I'll manage. Sounds like I've got about 9 months' prep time before it arrives :D

Got mine fitted my garage before delivery .

They just used 3m foam tape on parking sensors in diffuser .3 of them kept falling backwards and just looked cat and uneven looking . I have since had to apply clear silicone to the back of the diffuser while pushing out sensor to be flat with diffuser . All the time lying on the ground holding it in place waiting for it to stick .

Definitely use hot glue on the edges of the sensors .  

• Like 2

For those interested in seeing it fitted:

IMG_2688

There are half a dozen torx screws on the bottom edge that need to be removed then you can gently push the clips to release the old diffuser, the sensor holders and virtual pedal plugs all need to be disconnected before you can remove it from the car.

The sensor holders (and virtual pedal sensor strip) are taped onto the diffuser with 3M double sided foam tape, this tape is a PITA to remove from the sensor holders BUT they really need to be spotless if you want to stand any chance of them staying stuck onto the new diffuser (I also wiped the diffuser and holders with IPA... Alcohol before sticking them on).

I put the sensors into the respective holders (all the holders are marked so you shouldn’t mix them up) before sticking them onto the diffuser as they are a very snug fit.

Time to remove and refit the new one about 30 mins or so taking my time, time to remove the foam tape off the sensor holders... ‘kin ages :sadsmile:

• Like 3

Fitted mine yesterday, It's very straight forward, hope this helps...

* Remove 6 screws underneath (can be easily done without jacking up the car)

* Press clips & pull Diffuser out from bumper, comes away easy enough

* Remove sensors from housing & diffuser is off.

* Sensor Housing has to be transfered from old one to new one. They are stuck on using Foam Tape which is a pain to remove from the sensor housing.

I found the best way was to put the sensors back in to the housing BEFORE you put the diffuser on as oppose to sticking them to the diffuser & trying to fit the  sensors back on while trying to hold the diffuser, but someone else may find the second way easier. I just used Foam tape to back of the sensor housing to stick them  to the diffuser.

* make sure you push the sensors in all the way so that they are flush. 

gently bang all the clips back in to their slot & screw back in the screws & you are done!

20170708_175242.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

For those interested in seeing it fitted:

IMG_2688

There are half a dozen torx screws on the bottom edge that need to be removed then you can gently push the clips to release the old diffuser, the sensor holders and virtual pedal plugs all need to be disconnected before you can remove it from the car.

The sensor holders (and virtual pedal sensor strip) are taped onto the diffuser with 3M double sided foam tape, this tape is a PITA to remove from the sensor holders BUT they really need to be spotless if you want to stand any chance of them staying stuck onto the new diffuser (I also wiped the diffuser and holders with IPA... Alcohol before sticking them on).

I put the sensors into the respective holders (all the holders are marked so you shouldn’t mix them up) before sticking them onto the diffuser as they are a very snug fit.

Time to remove and refit the new one about 30 mins or so taking my time, time to remove the foam tape off the sensor holders... ‘kin ages :sadsmile:

Looks really good :) nice job. So no need for hot glue then? What did you use to stick the holders back on? I'm getting mine in a couple of days, can't wait!