Superskoda Rear Difuser, Waiting since September 12th!!

Thanks Gizmo, sorry I forgot to ask this too... How thick is the 3M tape? I'm going to order some now

I had a go at removing the old one yesterday but I didn't get anywhere :blush: the thing wasn't moving even though I was pressing the clips in

I could only see 4 screws along the bottom middle, there were 2 screw holes at each end but no screws in them, unless I'm looking in the wrong place, perhaps the other 2 are hidden somewhere

After having re-read the instructions earlier in this thread I realised that I was also trying to remove the sensors from the holders which was wrong, I should have just pulled the holders off

Not looking forward to trying to get the old 3M off the virtual pedal strip, bet that's a PITA

I'll be having another go tomorrow, hopefully it'll be on by the end of the day!

I've done it! :biggrin:

Cheers Gizmo & Rebelred for your helpful info on page 1... 

I didn't use any glue for the sensors just 3M tape, as they felt rock solid once fitted. I used warm water and a knife to get the old 3M off, then used petrol to clean all the glue off and get them like new again.

The pics show how well the petrol worked getting the glue off (left side after petrol, right side before), where the holders are marked up (example is RIR for 'rear inner right'), all the bits 3M'd up ready to stick, and after photos :)

20170714_110950.jpg

20170714_104712.jpg

20170714_114004.jpg

20170714_124001-1612x907.jpg

20170714_124013-1612x907.jpg

Edited by drewellis
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody experience of the Sportline diffusor in combination with original folding towing hook? Does it fit or do you need to cut extra holes to the diffusor?

15 minutes ago, Zetor said:

Has anybody experience of the Sportline diffusor in combination with original folding towing hook? Does it fit or do you need to cut extra holes to the diffusor?

It's like the original diffuser, in that there is a guide line for the hole that needs to be cut, so I'm 100% sure it's compatible :)

10 hours ago, drewellis said:

It's like the original diffuser, in that there is a guide line for the hole that needs to be cut, so I'm 100% sure it's compatible :)

Thanks! I compared the hole in the original diffuser with the pictures on Superskoda site and you are right. So it's time to place an order.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Finally got and installed the Sportline Rear Diffusor on mine!!

Pleased with the final result.

not pleased with the pain in zee a55 effort required to get the job done!!

5a5fe141f1cde_sportlinediffusor02.thumb.jpg.955d4b2be06500d73225ca6056f7d04e.jpg

5a5fe1343658d_sportlinediffusor01.thumb.jpg.214a30075aa242444e827af29f27adb0.jpg

5a5fe148e1d58_sportlinediffusor03.thumb.jpg.d07c14b13138cdc45d442619516aefa5.jpg

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Let’s hope the chromed plastic hold up better than mine - which is pitting already :angry:

bugger, not wat i was hoping to read!!
fingers crossed the chrome holds up on mine.

how long have u had urs on for?