Kenwood Underseat Subwoofer Install Superb MKII Estate

T-1000

Hi All

Yesterday I installed my Kenwood KSC SW11 subwoofer into my Superb Estate 2010. I tried to take a few pictures but hopefully this will help those who wish to do the same.

Apologies for the state of the car I should have hoovered before I started!

There are basically four cables which need to be run from the sub which I put under the drivers seat. All the cables supplied with the sub are really long so you will need to trim them.

Power Cable

Supplied with the sub is a yellow cable with an inline fuse, I cut off the cable as it was way to long. I crimped on an add a circuit piggy back type fuse holder and put this into the rear wiper slot with 2 10amp fuses. I wanted to run the cable the shortest length so for all the cable runs I used the area where the bluetooth module sits, so for the power cable I lifted the sill trim which just pulls up when levered, it is fitted with the standard metal skoda clips. (highly recommend some of the cheap orange trim removal tools off ebay).  This then gives you enough leverage to get your hand under the carpet and run the cable from the bluetooth module area under the cill and upto the fuse board.

cXNC8Y.jpg

5Pa0CM.jpg

SH7OW0.jpg

wkoqrM.jpg

The Power Cable run with other cables to BT module area.

Ground

The ground cable supplied has a loop on it and must be grounded to bare metal. Simply I undid a bolt put the loop over and tightened back up again in the BT module area.

You can see the bolt below just by the metal tab which allows the cover to clip over.

NX6G8T.jpg

RCA and Head Unit control

Firstly I pulled off the side panel which runs up the centre console again this is just clipped in with the metal clips and can easily be pulled off. 

ej0n9z.jpg

Using a wire coat hanger I ran both the phono cables and then the head unit control (blue) cable up to back of the head unit.

uqnf0m.jpg

cAtGbj.jpg

Once you have the cables up to here you can run them up the back of the headunit. As I fitted a xtrons unit it is a simple case of plugging in the phono cables and then using a bullet connector onto the head unit control wire and plugging that into the iso bracket. 

The cables run into the sub underneath the drivers seat there is a little valley underneath the seat which is ideal for this. Once all cables were in I tided up the cables with ties and then pop on the BT module cover and no wires are visible.

The sub makes a big difference to the sound quality and is very easy to fit. 

Apologies for the lack of detail I only took a few photos but hopefully it helps.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I dont have any pics to hand i just used velcro on the bottom and placed it under the driver seat as far as I could. I have the seat quite far back so is hardly visible and doesnt restrict foot space for passengers. I found the xtrons pretty good but a bit buggy at times. The sound quality was better than the columbus imho.