Octavia Mk3 FL orders placed

40 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I think you'll find delay in Motability cars maybe more fiscally driven by Motorbility for your benefit.

If I was running Motorbility I'd be trying to get the best deals at the lowest rates. If I had the right to extend an existing lease if a new lease car is late I'd factor that in to the discount structure.

So before all you Motability customers start whinging about the delays lets look at the costs, I for one would imagine Motobility customers pay less than retail customers

Motabillity customers are retail customers. Sounds a bit discriminative.

4 minutes ago, Hotwheels12 said:

Motabillity customers are retail customers. Sounds a bit discriminative.

Sadly, his sort of attitude and ignorance is all too prevalent.

They seem to think that you are just given a car completely free and as anyone on the scheme can testify, that's simply not the case.

Unfortunately, some make those sort of comments because they can rather than it being based on actual knowledge!!

7 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

How predictable, a minority doesn't like what it hears so, haul up the discrimination flag

You really are a t**t ;)!!

Edited by SummersetBoy

3 hours ago, SummersetBoy said:

Sadly, his sort of attitude and ignorance is all too prevalent.

They seem to think that you are just given a car completely free and as anyone on the scheme can testify, that's simply not the case.

Unfortunately, some make those sort of comments because they can rather than it being based on actual knowledge!!

Read the headline before raising the flag & throwing around the stereotypes,

"more fiscally driven"

The profit making organisation that YOU'VE chosen to order a car from makes less money out of Motorbility orders than retail sales, sorry thats a fact.

Now you expect that profit making organisation to treat you're order with the same priority as another order that makes more profit ????

You sir, are capitalistically naive or do you just find waving the discrimination flag gets you exactly what you want more often than not?

& before you go there, I not only know but, have family that are disabled. I have helped him fight the CPO trying to buy out his home for a pittance to benefit a profit maling organisation. So, don't even think you are being unfairly treated having to wait a little longer for your car.

I phoned motability today and they don't even know if the 1.5tsi will be on the scheme, if it is at a higher deposit then I would have to pay the extra and if it's not and I've waited for a car that I then can't have I won't be happy also as for extending my lease to cover the wait period that's not suitable for me as I'm changing my current car early due to a change in my health/disability so a long wait is out of the question. 

The dealership promised delivery for 13th December which seems unlikely. 

Edited by jcsphoto69
Added dealership promised time scale.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Read the headline before raising the flag & throwing around the stereotypes,

"more fiscally driven"

The profit making organisation that YOU'VE chosen to order a car from makes less money out of Motorbility orders than retail sales, sorry thats a fact.

Now you expect that profit making organisation to treat you're order with the same priority as another order that makes more profit ????

You sir, are capitalistically naive or do you just find waving the discrimination flag gets you exactly what you want more often than not?

& before you go there, I not only know but, have family that are disabled. I have helped him fight the CPO trying to buy out his home for a pittance to benefit a profit maling organisation. So, don't even think you are being unfairly treated having to wait a little longer for your car.

Not related to Motability, but I’ve seen this first hand ordering my 530e via LEX on my company car scheme - I’m having to wait 20 weeks for a car that I know is on a 10-12 week wait for direct customers via BMW as there are people on the forum that have had their cars that quick, as well as BMW telling me the same.

Dealers will always make more money via direct business than they will through a 3rd party, and as bad as it is (as we are all customers at the end of the day), the profitable business will be the priority.

They may make less money per car from motability but if you look at how many cars they order I would not want to lose that custom so perhaps all us motability customers should all complain to motability and see if as a bulk buyer they have any sway.

5 minutes ago, jcsphoto69 said:

They may make less money per car from motability but if you look at how many cars they order I would not want to lose that custom so perhaps all us motability customers should all complain to motability and see if as a bulk buyer they have any sway.

It will all be part of their service level agreement I’m afraid, something that will be negotiated every year as part of their contract between the lease company (or Motability) and the manufacturer...I wish I could complain, but I think we would be wasting our breath!

10 minutes ago, jcsphoto69 said:

I phoned motability today and they don't even know if the 1.5tsi will be on the scheme, if it is at a higher deposit then I would have to pay the extra and if it's not and I've waited for a car that I then can't have I won't be happy also as for extending my lease to cover the wait period that's not suitable for me as I'm changing my current car early due to a change in my health/disability so a long wait is out of the question. 

I am in the same boat as yourself and am needing to change my car due to ongoing health issues which will not allow me to drive a manual car, but hey ho according to some we should just stop whinging. I hope you get some positive news soon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jcsphoto69 said:

I said early on in the 'Delivery Timescales' thread I started that my solution is to not give my custom to that manufacturer again.  I hear and understand the arguments about putting more profitable customers first but the Equality Act, to me, says that you cannot discriminate against the disabled minority like that.  If a manufacturer deems my custom to be on  a lower tier to 'normal' people and that I do not quality for the same level of service as anybody else then I'm not gonna reward them by ordering from them again.

It's a shame as I really thought I would be going for the Superb next.  It's not gonna happen.

12 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Isn't it amazing how people like you that claim not to be racist as you have in another of your threads, even though it can be construed as such, and claim to be such a saintly figure when it comes to other issues, continue to use words and terminology that at the least is inappropriate and at worst incredibly offensive?

Do you just possess a talent for verbal diarrhoea?

4 hours ago, peterhardy said:

I said early on in the 'Delivery Timescales' thread I started that my solution is to not give my custom to that manufacturer again.  I hear and understand the arguments about putting more profitable customers first but the Equality Act, to me, says that you cannot discriminate against the disabled minority like that.  If a manufacturer deems my custom to be on  a lower tier to 'normal' people and that I do not quality for the same level of service as anybody else then I'm not gonna reward them by ordering from them again.

It's a shame as I really thought I would be going for the Superb next.  It's not gonna happen.

That’s the nature of the beast I’m afraid - as long as Skoda aren’t breaking their SLA with Motability, then they aren’t doing anything wrong - e.g. if they have an agreed maximum lead time of say 20 weeks, that’s all they have to adhere to.

I do agree though, especially those less able who rely on their cars to get about, then getting notice they’re going to have to wait longer for a car!

5 hours ago, SummersetBoy said:

Isn't it amazing how people like you that claim not to be racist as you have in another of your threads, even though it can be construed as such, and claim to be such a saintly figure when it comes to other issues, continue to use words and terminology that at the least is inappropriate and at worst incredibly offensive?

Do you just possess a talent for verbal diarrhoea?

I'm just blunt & the PC Police don't like it, you're lucky I don't run Skoda Customer Services or I'd have told you straight, you're leasing the car you are NOT the buyer therefore, talk to Motorbility.

Cos that I'm afraid is the bottom line

35 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I'm just blunt & the PC Police don't like it, you're lucky I don't run Skoda Customer Services or I'd have told you straight, you're leasing the car you are NOT the buyer therefore, talk to Motorbility.

Cos that I'm afraid is the bottom line

I wouldn't say blunt, although three letters are indeed similar to what I have running through my mind.

I'm sure you'll scuttle back with a correction if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure you also lease yours rather than own it, with your own actual money, so that would also be based on a deposit, possibly even less than via Motability, and a monthly payment wouldn't it, so not sure who's nose you're looking down, but it cannot be yours, after all, YOU are NOT the buyer!

When you are getting your little Y- Fronts in a twist and ranting, you would be better served to make sure your spelling, grammar and punctuation are up to scratch, otherwise you end up looking even more foolish........ quite an achievement for you. :D

That is the bottom line.

PCP is far different to a PCH as its all in-house, car, service, warranty, finance its all VAG.

Log book, Order Form, finance agreement all say the same thing ,its mine

Dunno what your problem is, Motorbility got you a great deal but, it comes with a longer wait than most, you can't have your cake & eat it, complain to Motorbility is you don't like their terms.

As for the English, you don't seem to have had any problem understanding what I've said you just have a problen accepting the points made.

FYI, I waited 23 weeks for my car due to having to cancel the 1st order when MY changes removed items which I then couldn't add as the car was build locked. So, I've been there too, you just gotta suck it up, the car's worth it or you wouldn't have choose it, would you?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

PCP is far different to a PCH as its all in-house, car, service, warranty, finance its all VAG.

Log book, Order Form, finance agreement all say the same thing ,its mine

Dunno what your problem is, Motorbility got you a great deal but, it comes with a longer wait than most, you can't have your cake & eat it, complain to Motorbility is you don't like their terms.

As for the English, you don't seem to have had any problem understanding what I've said you just have a problen accepting the points made.

FYI, I waited 23 weeks for my car due to having to cancel the 1st order when MY changes removed items which I then couldn't add as the car was build locked. So, I've been there too, you just gotta suck it up, the car's worth it or you wouldn't have choose it, would you?

But you still don't own it.

It's not yours, it goes back in 3 years (or however long your agreement), unless you make a final balloon payment, after keeping up with your monthly payments for the entire loan period.

No problem, just making sure you know I think you're an idiot based on the rubbish you spout and your attitude. I wasn't complaining about Motability either. Far from it in fact.

Wow, your panties have got all up in a bunch haven't they?

Maybe you can ask any wife or partner you have to lay out some different one's for you tomorrow?

It wasn't the English I happened to call you up on, it was the spelling, grammar and punctuation. Not the same thing, so Mr Big Balls has made another incorrect statement. Don't panic, it does seem a regular occurrence for you!

You have also done the same thing again in this little rant. I have also accepted you for what you are.

Now, calm down dear, judging by the age you look in your signature picture, you could end up doing yourself a mischief if you don't. :D:D:D

Xx

Seems to me there's only one person getting their "panties in a twist" and throwing insults around.....      

For the sake of the rest of us how about we keep this thread on track, if you feel you must then continue this little rant via PM or something? 

Anyway....            So my dealer now tells me their hopeful of a December delivery on my 245 rather than the mid-end Jan that I was first quoted, bonus!  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

Anyway....            So my dealer now tells me their hopeful of a December delivery on my 245 rather than the mid-end Jan that I was first quoted, bonus!  

Good to hear some good news in this thread, I reckon being a "winner" helped with the build speed so, you're doubley lucky, good luck to you & I know you're gonna enjoy it.

27 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Good to hear some good news in this thread, I reckon being a "winner" helped with the build speed so, you're doubley lucky, good luck to you & I know you're gonna enjoy it.

Yeah I guess it's as simple a purchase as you can get, a car for cash, perhaps that's brought it forward as you say.

Cheers, I've no doubt I will, I must have read/watched every 245 review on the internet by now in various languages too, every single one rates the car extremely highly!    :D

4 hours ago, BlueclouduK said:

On a lighter note, our new Octy.

She hasn't got a name yet but the most important person, not the one in the driver's seat, likes it.

22096190_10155775584463615_7435762659176123817_o.jpg

Lovely car!

It still saddens me though, that they decided the L&K would look better with plain wheels and not the diamond cut / anthracite wheels they put on it before the MY16 model change.

Either way, you still have more toys to play with than a Mercedes S-class! 

Enjoy!

Edited by vtec to vrs!

• 2 weeks later...