Octavia Mk3 FL orders placed

If it has two physical buttons it should be Amunsden. If it has no physical buttons it's the Columbus, and the screen is bigger.

• Like 1

Got email yesterday to say car is now in uk,expected at dealership back end of next week or early week after. So on course for the quoted mid June delivery.

7 hours ago, G8VRS said:

Ordered March 12th and finally picked up my Facelift VRS TDI DSG today and so far I've have enjoyed every second of it. :) I'm glad I had the black pack fitted. Will take more pictures soon.

IMG_0386.JPG

Isn't it amazing! When those lights were first revealed I thought "oh dear!!" Now much prefer....nice colour combo especially with the black pack

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, p5stokes said:

Isn't it amazing! When those lights were first revealed I thought "oh dear!!" Now much prefer....nice colour combo especially with the black pack

Yes I too was unsure about the lights initially but now I really like them, especially with the black grill surround. Not to keen on the 'stop - start' feature, so turn it off on most journeys.

6 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

You weren't in mid Wales today by any chance? Saw an identical one near Kerry, reg started with DL17?

(Checks car is still on drive in Surrey) no, that wasn't me.

Anyone else finding that other drivers think you have full beam on and flash you because the LEDs are a bit brutal?

9 hours ago, G8VRS said:

Ordered March 12th and finally picked up my Facelift VRS TDI DSG today and so far I've have enjoyed every second of it. :) I'm glad I had the black pack fitted. Will take more pictures soon.

IMG_0386.JPG

I've gone same colour minus black pack,which at the min is my only regret. Does luck mint,I do like my chrome though:)

Has anyone got their fl with the alcantara seats yet? Are they as grey as they look in vids n photos? Don't imagine they fit with the black paint if they are.

55 minutes ago, Jcbl2 said:

(Checks car is still on drive in Surrey) no, that wasn't me.

Anyone else finding that other drivers think you have full beam on and flash you because the LEDs are a bit brutal?

Take it down the South East Central meet next Tuesday evening, great bunch of guys, good food if your hungry & loads of positive opinions on Skodas.

Only 3 mins off the A3 at Petersfield, check the details out in the meetings section

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Just phoned our dealership, the buildweek has come down from week 35, to a more realistic week 26. Still at order status 10? Hoping to get confirmed (20?) next week. Hopefully that'll be as close to concrete then we can book a holiday!

Cheers,

Jamie

The following ordered to replace my current 2014 vRS, where PCP expires in November:

vRS TSI manual  in Meteor Grey with following options:
- Black pack

- Heated front seats

- Folding mirrors

- Spare wheel

- Canton

Dealer to replace stock tyres with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, at a cost..

Vehicle financed on PCH over 40m, 10k miles p.a. Paying only £10 extra p.m. from my current PCP payment. Requested September onwards delivery to benefit from new registration.

1 hour ago, mo1965 said:

The following ordered to replace my current 2014 vRS, where PCP expires in November:

vRS TSI manual  in Meteor Grey with following options:
- Black pack

- Heated front seats

- Folding mirrors

- Spare wheel

- Canton

Dealer to replace stock tyres with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, at a cost..

Vehicle financed on PCH over 40m, 10k miles p.a. Paying only £10 extra p.m. from my current PCP payment. Requested September onwards delivery to benefit from new registration.

Will the stock tyres really be that much worse? It's hardly going to leave the factory with Linglong ditchfinders! What's the additional cost?

Edited by ahenners

22 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Will the stock tyres really be that much worse? It's hardly going to leave the factory with Linglong ditchfinders! What's the additional cost?

My experience with the Bridgestone Potenza, which were the original fitted tyres were that they were noisy and following replacement tyre advice on this forum, I replaced a pair with the Goodyear's after about 18 months of ownership and noticed a difference straight away and when I replaced the last pair, I definitely felt an overall improvement in the handling and noise reduction. I mainly drive in town and A roads and for me personally the overall feel of the car was sufficient justification to replace the tyres from the outset. The additional cost is £250, given the Goodyears are approx. £95 each I felt this was a reasonable price.

On 2017-6-3 at 00:53, G8VRS said:

IMG_0386.JPG

Nice colour choice, mine is coming soon in meteor grey. 

I want to buy an SD card to keep all our music on seeing as there is no cd player. Could you tell me if it is a standard size SD slot? 

Cheers pal. 

Were the standard seats in the pre FL a cloth/leather mix? The seats in mine are cloth with what feels like alcantara on the bits where the leather used to be. Is this the same on others?

26 minutes ago, Jcbl2 said:

Were the standard seats in the pre FL a cloth/leather mix? The seats in mine are cloth with what feels like alcantara on the bits where the leather used to be. Is this the same on others?

In the pre facelift they are cloth on the bits you sit on and your back sits against, but the edges of the seats (front, sides) and the back are leather (or fake leather?!).

From the images I've seen of the facelift, the alcantara replaces what was previously cloth, with the leather bits being the same.

1 hour ago, Jcbl2 said:

Yes this is the same as mine, I quite like them, I think on the pre facelift the sides were leather.

1 hour ago, Skodasparky said:

Nice colour choice, mine is coming soon in meteor grey. 

I want to buy an SD card to keep all our music on seeing as there is no cd player. Could you tell me if it is a standard size SD slot? 

Cheers pal. 

Yes standard sized SD card, I've just ordered one for mine.

15 hours ago, ahenners said:

In the pre facelift they are cloth on the bits you sit on and your back sits against, but the edges of the seats (front, sides) and the back are leather (or fake leather?!).

From the images I've seen of the facelift, the alcantara replaces what was previously cloth, with the leather bits being the same.

Or SE L seats with some cross stitching on them !!!

Edited by themanwithnoaim

My car is now at the port and due on the boat Tuesday. Current lease due back 19 July but can go after 19 June without penalty.

To help the dealer who has been great looking at collecting the new one on 30 June.

Starting to not want the old one to go, it's been a fantastic car.