Octavia Mk3 FL orders placed

33 minutes ago, paddy wagon said:

My car is now at the port and due on the boat Tuesday. Current lease due back 19 July but can go after 19 June without penalty.

To help the dealer who has been great looking at collecting the new one on 30 June.

Starting to not want the old one to go, it's been a fantastic car.

Exciting! So what are you chopping in and what's the new one? 

1 minute ago, dunc69 said:

Exciting! So what are you chopping in and what's the new one? 

Currently got a standard race blue Scout 150.

Having exactly the same again but in moon white with factory towbar and spare.

Nothing broken so not fixing!

Had a play with the new Amundsen today. Very nice, very clear and very big!

2 hours ago, paddy wagon said:

Currently got a standard race blue Scout 150.

Having exactly the same again but in moon white with factory towbar and spare.

Nothing broken so not fixing!

Had a play with the new Amundsen today. Very nice, very clear and very big!

The Scout is a great motor! I had a '10 1.8 TSI Scout for 2 years. Loved it. 

Enjoy the new car & the upgraded infotainment! It's the little things that make the difference. 

My '14 vRS has Columbus & it's huge & so fast to react compared with the '10 Columbus!

I'm positive you will love your new car & won't even look back on your old one for a second!!  I didn't, even after 7 years with my Mk2 vRS. 

Sorry I forgot to post formally

vRS245 Ordered on the 23/05/17

With the following optional extras/choices

Black Magic

Silver stitching

DCC

Crew protection for the rear airbags

Towbar

Spare Wheel

Provisional build week 31 or week commencing 31/07/17 so, should be ok for the 67 plate day.

12 hours ago, Mark06 said:

Picked mine up today,been enjoying a bit of driving for past few hours :biggrin: I'll post some pics in appropriate thread tomorrow.

cool, dealer says mine should be in next week (ordered 15th march) July 1st collection for new Irish 172 number plate.. style 150 diesel dsg, canton,  with sports pack..(. sports seats, 17 hawk alloys, led headlights, boot lip spoiler and other few bits) almost dead waiting for it at this stage.. silver metallic

VRS 245 Ordered 10/6/2017

Options: Black Magic, DCC, Spare Wheel.

Edited by juan27
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Micks_address said:

cool, dealer says mine should be in next week (ordered 15th march) July 1st collection for new Irish 172 number plate.. style 150 diesel dsg, canton,  with sports pack..(. sports seats, 17 hawk alloys, led headlights, boot lip spoiler and other few bits) almost dead waiting for it at this stage.. silver metallic

Idle curiosity on my part: Do the Irish-spec speedos now show only km/h, or have they opted to keep a smaller mph scale because of the land border with Northern Ireland (so, like a reverse of the UK-spec speedos)?

I suppose those of us on the other side of the Irish Sea can all live in hope that UK might actually finish its 50-year-long metrication farce and finally join the rest of the world (USA excepted) in the 21st century at some point...

4 hours ago, petecollier said:

Idle curiosity on my part: Do the Irish-spec speedos now show only km/h, or have they opted to keep a smaller mph scale because of the land border with Northern Ireland (so, like a reverse of the UK-spec speedos)?

I suppose those of us on the other side of the Irish Sea can all live in hope that UK might actually finish its 50-year-long metrication farce and finally join the rest of the world (USA excepted) in the 21st century at some point...

Do any kph countries have mph on their speedos? (There's no legal requirement in the UK to show mph on the speedometer.)  

My UK Octy 2 doesn't have kph on the speedo, only on the Maxidot display....if the O3 is the same showing mph on the Maxidot for a kph speedo cars seems the likely solution? 

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

Do any kph countries have mph on their speedos? (There's no legal requirement in the UK to show mph on the speedometer.)  

My UK Octy 2 doesn't have kph on the speedo, only on the Maxidot display....if the O3 is the same showing mph on the Maxidot for a kph speedo cars seems the likely solution? 

Canada, I think, requires km/h-predominant speedometers with mph as a secondary indication because of the USA. Don't quote me on that though.

UK law does specify that cars have to be able to display speed in both mph and km/h, but I guess it's interpreted to mean that two separate speedos (e.g. main dial and maxidot display) is OK?

Motor Vehicles (Con & Use) Regs, 1986 Reg 35
Motor Vehicle shall be fitted with a speedometer which, if the vehicle was first used on or after 1.4.1984, shall be capable of indicating speed in BOTH miles per hour and kilometers per hour, either simultaneously or, by the operation of a switch, seperately.

Interesting that your O2 has an mph-only dial. My wife's O2 has two scales on the speedo (a large mph one, and a smaller km/h one), but it doesn't have a maxidot display.

27 minutes ago, petecollier said:

UK law does specify that cars have to be able to display speed in both mph and km/h, but I guess it's interpreted to mean that two separate speedos (e.g. main dial and maxidot display) is OK?

Motor Vehicles (Con & Use) Regs, 1986 Reg 35
Motor Vehicle shall be fitted with a speedometer which, if the vehicle was first used on or after 1.4.1984, shall be capable of indicating speed in BOTH miles per hour and kilometers per hour, either simultaneously or, by the operation of a switch, seperately.

Hmm you don't need MPH to pass an MOT.  Isn't Con and Use for type approval?

I guess my point is if I come over from France (say) on hols in my French Renault Clio, is it supposed to have MPH on the speedo to comply with UK law?   

Looking at this very lovely VRS 245 skoda_octavia_vrs_17_03.jpg kph speedo with no mph subscale (and the digital display in kph...but presumably switchable.) 

Edited by juan27

The car has to have a working speedometer to pass an MOT, but the MOT regs don't specify the units. The units are laid down in the Construction and Use regs. Its possible for a vehicle to pass an MOT, i.e. to be roadworthy, yet still not be road-legal for some other reason.

Visitors to the UK can keep a foreign-registered vehicle in the UK for up to six months, after which time it has to be re-registered, taxed, and insured in the UK. If the vehicle is less than 10 years old at that time, it has to have an IVA (indivual Vehicle Approval) test. It's at that point that you will foul of the law if the car cannot display speed in mph, has unconverted headlights, etc.

How long does it generally take after ordering to get a build week?  I'm coming up to a week after ordering and have heard nothing but don't want to pester the dealer unneccessarily.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, juan27 said:

How long does it generally take after ordering to get a build week?  I'm coming up to a week after ordering and have heard nothing but don't want to pester the dealer unneccessarily.....

Just ask them, it takes them a moment to find out. It's no inconvenience to them.

I've had my build date confirmed this week, 8 weeks since ordering. The provisional build week was week 35, coming down to 26 a couple of weeks ago, until being confirmed this week.

Cheers,

Jamie

Dealer has just emailed me to say there's no movement on mine as yet :sadsmile:.  Ordered week 18, quoted week 32 build, then 37 then 35 and now 36.  Octavia vRS 2.0 TSI Hatchback in Race Blue with Black Pack, Black Cornering Fogs and Sunroof.

I'm hoping for a bit of magic like Jamie's, chopping 9 weeks off :biggrin:

Edited by peterhardy

7 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Dealer has just emailed me to say there's no movement on mine as yet :sadsmile:.  Ordered week 18, quoted week 32 build, then 37 then 35 and now 36.

OMG. I ordered 23/05 or 3-1/2 weeks after you & got BW31 on a vRS245, hope you get a move up.

54 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

OMG. I ordered 23/05 or 3-1/2 weeks after you & got BW31 on a vRS245, hope you get a move up.

Me too.  Cheers!!

vRS 245 DSG ordered- Black Magic, DCC, Grey stitching and Mud flaps.  I'll buy the spare wheel separately later on.  Looking at September delivery time.  

Apparently you can only get front mad flaps with the FL as the rears have 'mini' ones fitted already.  

Edited by Gumby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gumby said:

vRS 245 DSG ordered- Black Magic, DCC, Grey stitching and Mud flaps.  I'll buy the spare wheel separately later on.  Looking at September delivery time.  

Apparently you can only get front mad flaps with the FL as the rears have 'mini' ones fitted already.  

Im sure buying the spare is a fair bit more expensive to by later. Doesn't really make sense to not buy now on that basis. 

Ordered a vRS TSI DSG hatch yesterday. 

Gone for

Corrida red

vRS cloth with red stitching 

Space saver spare

Black pack

Winter pack

Front parking sensors 

DCC

No idea on build week yet but early estimates for collecting is mid September, possibly early October. 

1 hour ago, Gumby said:

I'll buy the spare wheel separately later on.  Looking at September delivery time.  

Seriously, without a robbery you are not going to get a spare wheel, brand new tyre & tool kit for £100.

Thanks for the info on the mud flaps

1 hour ago, Gumby said:

Omg! I have front and rear mudflaps bought from superskoda sat in the cupboard! Waiting to be fitted to my new 2017 vrs! Please tell me they will fit on the rear? This could only happen to me :angry::dull::angry:lol