My air conditioner works for approx half an hour and fades out or switches off. My garage changed a few parts which had nothing to do with the problem. if i park by roadside, switch off the engine, restart it .. and the AC works for another 30 min approx ..

First can you confirm that your Fabia is the latest version, next, when the AC is switched on, open the bonnet and check if the electric cooling fan is running.

Have you had any battery problems the car could be trying to conserve power. Possible indication could be the automatic stop/start is not working as I have heard that stops if battery is low Joe

Its a 6 year old fabia in India. Don't think has climate control.. yes the fan moves while being AC. Thanks will check on the battery !!

Though what a lovely car otherwise!

20 hours ago, Sudheer said:

Its a 6 year old fabia in India. Don't think has climate control.. yes the fan moves while being AC. Thanks will check on the battery !!

Though what a lovely car otherwise!

I think because of the age of your car you should put your first  message into the Fabia Mk 11 forum  as well as the Mk 1 forum if you have not already done that. Joe

Mk 11 forum 

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/113-skoda-fabia-mk-ii/

Mk 1 forum 

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/26-skoda-fabia-mk-i/

• 2 years later...

Hey guys just joined the forum. I had crap like that when I rented a car while traveling through Singapore and the AC broke on me. it was a disaster since Singapore is hot and humid and driving in Singapore without air conditioning is an absolute nightmare. I was super mad and angry and I had to go look for the air conditioning repair service which was no easy feat. Thankfully I found a  really good service and they fixed everything fast and qualitative. I am really glad that the rest of my stay was easy and without any problems 

6 minutes ago, seb345 said:

Hey guys just joined the forum. I had crap like that when I rented a car while traveling through Singapore and the AC broke on me. it was a disaster since Singapore is hot and humid and driving in Singapore without air conditioning is an absolute nightmare. I was super mad and angry and I had to go look for the air conditioning repair service which was no easy feat. Thankfully I found a  really good service and they fixed everything fast and qualitative. I am really glad that the rest of my stay was easy and without any problems 

also it was fairly cheap since the majority of the costs were covered by the renting agency