Tesla Model X

Aspman

At McD's with the boy yesterday and saw a new Tesla Model X in the car park. Owner was taking pictures of it making sure he was seen

tesla-model-x-gullwing-doors_0.jpg

Not sure how you'd get out the back in a low roof multistory car park.

Also just to add in the flesh, it's proper ugly. I like the Model S it's a genuinely handsome car, but this looks like it's been stretched taller. Like the roof is SUV height but the floor has stayed the same. Very boxy and van like. Not challengingly futuristic or anything like that, just a bit **** and half arsed looking.

The one I saw was black and that colour did it no favours. Made me think of undertakers cars.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aspman said:

At McD's with the boy yesterday and saw a new Tesla Model X in the car park. Owner was taking pictures of it making sure he was seen

tesla-model-x-gullwing-doors_0.jpg

Not sure how you'd get out the back in a low roof multistory car park.

Also just to add in the flesh, it's proper ugly. I like the Model S it's a genuinely handsome car, but this looks like it's been stretched taller. Like the roof is SUV height but the floor has stayed the same. Very boxy and van like. Not challengingly futuristic or anything like that, just a bit **** and half arsed looking.

The one I saw was black and that colour did it no favours. Made me think of undertakers cars.

Just can't get enthusiastic about any Tesla look. Green environment (?) super 0-60mph acceleration  , not for me. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CWARD said:

I'd seen one of these recently and they're much bigger than they look in that picture, think Audi Q7 size 

Yes that'd be about right. It's a similar shape to the Q7 as well but lower. I don't like the Q7 either but it you did like it you'd probably like the X.

That front on them looks unfinished to me as well, like they'd forgotton to stick something on or cut a bit of the mold out.

• Like 1

I'd only seen it as it passed me on a roundabout and it looked huge. It was able to propel itself rapidly up the slip road onto the motorway though.

30 minutes ago, Aspman said:

That front on them looks unfinished to me as well, like they'd forgotton to stick something on or cut a bit of the mold out.

Totally agree. Almost like the designer lost interest.

1 hour ago, Aspman said:

Yes that'd be about right. It's a similar shape to the Q7 as well but lower. I don't like the Q7 either but it you did like it you'd probably like the X.

Agree 

Like Toyotas and Lexus to me.

1 hour ago, Awayoffski said:

UK Registration plate 'screwed on' and that smooth space is then occupied.

Much enhanced look George - wish I had your design ability lol

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Followed a TESLA X 75 D in black with red lettering through Edinburgh.

These things are huge as you see if they wonder off line on roundabouts.

on Dual Carriageways and at lights we were alongside Big Porsche, Range Rover and Land Cruisers that look small in comparison.

Last part of registration looked like 4NNE.  Would that maybe someone to do with a football club as we parted near Easter Road?

Saw one charging yesterday at Topaz, north side cork city.

Ive previously seen a model S charging in the same place.

The X is a bit weird looking in the metal. As said, the lack of a front grill makes it look unfinshed!

• Thanks 1

there are several easter eggs  --at christmas the car (on the dash) turned into Santa on his sleigh and  the cars in front turned into reindeer ( I understand the record was a six count in a jam on the M6, and if you shouted HO-HO-HO it played "Run Run Rudolph"  (Chuck Berry 1958?)   who says Tesla has no class;) --  can't see our teutonic  cousins lowering their dignity :blink: