Roomster glasses holder

dave55

My 2008 Roomster has a central roof console that houses the interior lights. I was surprised that my spec level 3 did not have the sunglasses holder option as there is space for it. When I unclipped the console there is an electronic device inside with sponge filtered openings to the outside fascia. Can anybody tell me what this device does please?    

Also unless I can find a reasonably priced used sunglasses holder I was thinking of fitting a generic one that replaces the drivers handle above the door. There is one on Ebay but not my size - has anybody got one of these generic types and fitted it succesfully? Thanks

It's the interior alarm sensor 

The sunglasses holder is readily available it simply swaps over from what you have there 

I'll fire you a part number over when i get to my PC later 

Expect to pay £15-30 depending on new or 2nd hand 

1Z0868565F Y20  04-2008 onwards

1Z0868565E Y20 up to 04/2008 

there is a chance there is a supersession so the later one is now the only one available 

best to check with a local dealer/TPS 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, malcster said:

Yet another post on these boards where op asks a question it gets answered and no response thanks or anything 

Apologies Malcster - I appreciate your info and I'm sorry I have not had the good manners to thank you for it.

• Like 2