Citigo fuel cap

Margot1932

7 hours ago, Margot1932 said:

Just got car and have seen a great demo on YouTube. I was wondering if the car has to be unlocked as I had tried a number of times before I managed to open it. It could get embarrassing at the pumps

The first few times it's unlocked is always a nightmare, it will eventually worm its way loose and become much more easier to unlock

Edited by Hyphons

• 4 weeks later...

So many reports of people struggling with the fuel cap on all Skoda models. Personally I have owned 3 Fabias and now the Citigo equivalent Seat Mii and have never had a problem at all, in fact I love it that you have to take the key from the car to use in the filler cap, thus preventing risk of car theft and ensuring engine is switched off when filling.

Now I'm not suggesting some cars aren't problematic, just that I haven't experienced it myself. I would suggest playing around with it at home for a couple of minutes to get the hang of it should you be unsure.

Youtube video is quite explicit. Hold the cap stationery while turning the key anti clockwise to  unlock then twist off. To close twist cap back on until it clicks, hold the cap stationery while turning the key clock wise to lock.If there is any stiffness it's just the locking lugs that are a bit tight at first but soon loosen.;)

4 hours ago, horkin said:

I would suggest playing around with it at home for a couple of minutes to get the hang of it should you be unsure.

I wish I knew this advice back in 2014 :D:D I looked like a right plum stood at the pumps for the first time, completely dumbfounded on why I couldn't unlock the filler cap

• Like 2