Seats have lost memory and won't store new ones

Seemed to coincide with the alert that first service is due. Electric seat still works but has lost all memory settings and the set button no longer works so can't store new ones. Have tried the full back/forward reset but no joy. Bit odd. 

7 hours ago, Bugginbob said:

Seemed to coincide with the alert that first service is due. Electric seat still works but has lost all memory settings and the set button no longer works so can't store new ones. Have tried the full back/forward reset but no joy. Bit odd. 

Seat base forward 

seat base rear up to top 

seat back fully forward 

you should hear a boing 

ready for new memory setting

Yep, in for its service in a week so hopefully they'll sort. Bit annoying, like the car but have had more minor software/electrical problems than on any other car I've owned.

Mine is now randomly altering the seat position.  It will store the desired memory seat position for a good few days but randomly I can hear the seat motors working when I open the back door to put my bag in, put the kids in, or similar. Previous stored position gone.  I'm using the same KESSY key fob and always select my own driver profile when using the car.

I spent 5 hrs in the car yesterday on a trip to Old Hunstanton and was really comfortable; sods law I've gone to stick my bag in the back of the car this morning and I just caught the dreaded noise of the seat motors of deception :angry:

@Bugginbob - please report back any findings regarding your issue; it would be handy to know if there's an update that dealers can apply. 

• 2 weeks later...

Serviced yesterday. They couldn't fix the seat problem and believe it's a faulty memory switch so are ordering another one. I tried to persuade them to take one out of one of their showroom cars as didn't want to go back again. I was laughed at.

Service was normal mediocre skoda experience. Car half washed, work finished 45 minutes late, tried to charge more than quoted.

Had some spare time this morning so decided to look at the seat memory problem again myself. As I was unable to activate the memory setting for the key as well I was convinced it was a software problem rather than faulty switch as my skoda dealer.

i followed the reset procedure (full forward, up, forward tilt) but no joy again. After 20 mins of playing I found a combo that worked. Full forward, full up, full tilt seat base up and finally got the "bong". 

Memory now working normally again again although I can't find the right bloomin position again as I've mucked about with every element.

I have similar problems with mine - though my Set button has never done anything! I presume with KESSY it should just 'remember' the seat position to the key that was used to lock - if the wife's key now unlocks the car it should move the seat to her position? It does remember other settings like radio stations, lighting etc.

Should I still be able to use the Set buttons with KESSY?

I'll try the reset sequence above. It has been to the dealer but they need it back for further investigation (thanks to this Forum I'd suggested it needed the software update but they either didn't believe me, didn't do it or did it with no success).

Presume nothing with skoda 

it took me ages to get my keys programmed for his n hers seating positions 

got there in the end something in the personalisation settings was set wrong seats wouldn't set position at all before I reset them myself 

good car ,too complicated electronics long winded menu for menu for menu oh there it is or you forget what you were looking for cause it took you so long to find it

i love cars me

if all the stars are in alignment and you have ticked all the right boxes it all works fine .......eventually

Edited by Windscreenman
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

When i try to set the memory on my seat, I get the "Bong" noise but the seat won't accept the setting.

it was OK when in October when i got the car but now it's driving me crazy.:@

On 08/04/2017 at 22:58, Windscreenman said:

Seat base forward 

seat base rear up to top 

seat back fully forward 

you should hear a boing 

ready for new memory setting

It’s amazing how this works yet 3 separate trips to the dealer fails every time :wall:

(This is on a Yeti without KESSY)

Edited by Gizmo