Tyre Size Mark 2

Still working hard on 'restoring' my 2010 1.6L Fabia Hatchback and gotten to the stage where I'm thinking on what tyre size best suits. 

I unfortunately need a set of four tyres, and with such a potentially costly proposition would obviously rather not make a mistake with my choice. 

Based on what has worked for you, what tyre size would you advise me to purchase especially in terms of ride quality and wheel arch clearance and aesthetics. 

The car is fitted with 15" rims and I'm not into making the rather unconventional shape of the car look even more awkward by sticking puny looking tyres under its already boxy shape. 

Looking at buying either manufacturer recommended 

185/60 R15 88H or 195/55 R15 88H or going with 195/60 R15 or 195/65 R15. 

What would be the upside or downside to any of these four tyre sizes, and apologies if this has been posted elsewhere as I didn't find a topic which dealt with this. 

Oh by the way, I live in the tropics so no need to worry about chains, snow and the like as we don't get any. 

Please also throw in information on correct tyre pressure you might recommend for both front and back tyres. 

Thanks in advance

I am currently using on my fabia 195/50 R15 tyres an they are very good, they are Michelin pilot sport 3 tyres. the slightly lower profile of them helps improve handling an responsiveness a bit.

• Like 1

?

What size tyres are on your car now?

This will give you an idea of how the sizes compare for circumference, you can not go too big from what the car is designed to have, 

ie the sizes shown in the fuel filler flap.

http://kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator 

the difference from 185/60 R15 to 195/65 R15 is too much for your car i would have though.

(185/60 R15 likely to be the recommended size for those that might need to fit Snow Chains.)

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1