April Deals

Kephigo

I've noticed that Skoda are currently offering discounts for deals completed by the end of April (it's £500 off a new Octavia). However, the small print says it is for cars "...registered and delivered to the customer by 30th June 2017". I've been quoted a delivery timescale of around 12 weeks for a new Octavia VRS so, even if I get my skates on and order pretty quick, it looks unlikely that I'll qualify for the discount. However, the quotes I've had (through carwow) are assuming that I'll get it. This doesn't seem right - if Skoda can't deliver in these timescales how can they offer this promotion?

Possibly because if there's no extras and the car is in a compound by the docks in Germany or in Grimsby then they can deliver it in 3 weeks like my Rapid is supposed to be. I ordered yesterday, the one I want is in Germany, and apparently today was the last day for guaranteed end of the month delivery to the dealer I'm buying from. 

• Administrators

If the car is made and sat on a dock, the fastest I've heard is 3 weeks. So by now, you'd miss it. That said if you pressed I'm sure it would happen, there is enough left in the pot to make it happen.

Incidentally, you may of missed: https://cars.briskoda.net, handy for filtering if nothing else. Good luck on the hunt for a new car :)

Colin.

Yes, the deal's valid on cars registered and delivered before 30th June, which I think is 11 weeks away. That's plenty of time for anything that is already built and in the country. The point I was trying to make is that the deals I've been offered on a car that isn't yet built seem to assume I'll get this discount.  I guess there is still a chance that it would be ready before 30th June in which case, that's fine. But if I was to go ahead and place an order at the agreed price, and the car turns up sometime in July, it sounds like I'd be expected to pay an additional £500. That doesn't seem right as I have no control over when the car is ready.