2017 Octavia vrs a dream for many years!

2 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

The thread title mentions the vRS being a dream for many years so it's difficult to believe the dream has a diesel soundtrack!

I've always wanted a diesel vRS ever since they brought out the Fabia vRS!

• Like 2

As has been mentioned the winter pack is a must, if not for the heated windscreen alone.

If the car is a keeper then spec it as you want it. Be sure to test drive the automatic (DSG).

And 100% petrol, diesel makes very little sense for anything under 20,000 miles these days unless you specifically prefer the way a diesel drives.

2 hours ago, silver1011 said:

As has been mentioned the winter pack is a must, if not for the heated windscreen alone.

If the car is a keeper then spec it as you want it. Be sure to test drive the automatic (DSG).

And 100% petrol, diesel makes very little sense for anything under 20,000 miles these days unless you specifically prefer the way a diesel drives.

According to Honest John mileage calculator it only takes 10,000 miles for diesel to break even with the petrol vRS. And that's total mileage not per year. https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/fuel-calculator?makeId1=8656&modelId1=93537&v1=MSKODOCT0434&p1=26%2C565&makeId2=8656&modelId2=93537&v2=MSKODOCT0432&p2=26%2C275&m=10%2C000

• 4 weeks later...

Cosmic Red 2015 VRS with Challenge package- didn't regret my choice even one day-- but like the other members mentioned multiple testdrives will give you a clear picture of the real feel of the machine:)) Good Luck with your choice

On 23/04/2017 at 22:18, amwphotos said:

According to Honest John mileage calculator it only takes 10,000 miles for diesel to break even with the petrol vRS. And that's total mileage not per year. https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/fuel-calculator?makeId1=8656&modelId1=93537&v1=MSKODOCT0434&p1=26%2C565&makeId2=8656&modelId2=93537&v2=MSKODOCT0432&p2=26%2C275&m=10%2C000

Yawn......

This is the OP's dream car!  Petrol all day long, every day.  

1 hour ago, dunc69 said:

Yawn......

This is the OP's dream car!  Petrol all day long, every day.  

That maybe, but no excuse for blatent wrong info! As for dream, mine is the diesel vrs all day long, every day.

• 7 months later...

Ive got and have the diesel 184or5ps Octavia VRS and over the last 7 weeks put 5000ish miles on it with a manual box. Company Car! Its fun but not in traffic, tanks too small and only holds 40-45 ltrs so find myself filling up after every 375-425 miles which is forgivable given the fun factor the car actually brings. shortest stint was 315 mile to a tank to date. Boots  plenty big enough, road noise not too bad but for long journeys in sport but put eco mode on to lower the exhaust note and soften the ride does tame it for endurance runs. Its a cracking car but apple doesn't work well with the Columbus nav and I find android pairs and works better.

21 hours ago, Slicky said:

Ive got and have the diesel 184or5ps Octavia VRS and over the last 7 weeks put 5000ish miles on it with a manual box. Company Car! Its fun but not in traffic, tanks too small and only holds 40-45 ltrs so find myself filling up after every 375-425 miles which is forgivable given the fun factor the car actually brings. shortest stint was 315 mile to a tank to date. Boots  plenty big enough, road noise not too bad but for long journeys in sport but put eco mode on to lower the exhaust note and soften the ride does tame it for endurance runs. Its a cracking car but apple doesn't work well with the Columbus nav and I find android pairs and works better.

I  would agree - Android Auto works very well - on my S8, for the first time I am able to scroll through my downloaded Radio 4 shows without the phone stuck to the windscreen but tucked away under the air-con controls with a very short USB lead - excellent.