Replacement engine

PD75

Looking for a definitive answer on this please. After 330,000 km the wife rang from the side of the motorway to let me know the engine had siezed. I have finally managed to get a few bob up together for an engine swap but need to know if it's a case of old one out, bolt new one in, or do I need the c.p.u. and any other bits from a donor car?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by PD75

Yes. I had the car built to order one of the last combi to come out of the factory.  Been a great car and apart from the engine is still like brand new.

If you're only changing the engine like for like then you don't need anything else, just whip the old one out, swap any ancillaries over and bolt the new one in, connect it all up turn the key and drive away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/04/2017 at 20:30, sepulchrave said:

If you're only changing the engine like for like then you don't need anything else, just whip the old one out, swap any ancillaries over and bolt the new one in, connect it all up turn the key and drive away.

I have now sourced a complete car both bnm code engines. Is it now just a case of knackered engine out donor engine in and connect boost pipe to original turbo?

48 minutes ago, PD75 said:

I have now sourced a complete car both bnm code engines. Is it now just a case of knackered engine out donor engine in and connect boost pipe to original turbo?

Yes. The ECU has no idea what engine you have so it'll carry on regardless.

• Like 1