Mirrorlink and Samsung S7 not connecting

Hi

I have had my Skoda Fabia since September 2015 but I had an Iphone at the time so I knew it wasnt compatible.

However I recently got a Samsung S7 thinking I could now use Mirrorlink but when I connect using a USB cable it just wont connect.

Any help would be welcome?

Go into your phone´s settings>connectivity (I think, I use Swedish language in my phone :) )>mirrorlink and make sure it´s activated...

1 hour ago, glosrich said:

Download the Android Auto app from the Google Play store.

Mirrorlink doesn´t have anything to do with AndroidAuto...

Mirrorlink only works with specific mirrorlink apps and Android phones that has mirrorlink as a feature. Samsung galaxy s7 is one of them.

46 minutes ago, Rebel55 said:

Mirrorlink doesn´t have anything to do with AndroidAuto...

Mirrorlink only works with specific mirrorlink apps and Android phones that has mirrorlink as a feature. Samsung galaxy s7 is one of them.

Just offering another option.....Android Auto...as its an Android phone.

On 11/04/2017 at 14:37, Pod25 said:

Hi

I have had my Skoda Fabia since September 2015 but I had an Iphone at the time so I knew it wasnt compatible.

However I recently got a Samsung S7 thinking I could now use Mirrorlink but when I connect using a USB cable it just wont connect.

Any help would be welcome?

I have a Galaxy S4 mini GT i9195 which has Mirrorlink that works with my April 2015 Fabia petrol SEL 90 and my Sygic Navigation app. Unfortunately as far as I can work out Mirrorlink only works with Skoda approved apps. I have as yet not found out how to see a mirror of my phones home page on the Fabia's screen. If you look on the Mirrorlink web site and put in your exact phone mode it should tell you if your phone is compatible Joe

Thanks for the replies. I tried Andriod Auto but unfortunately it would not connect with the screen on my car as I think it only works with 2016 models forward. I know mirrorlink should connect with my phone so I cant work out why it isnt. I guess I will need to contact the skoda dealer near me.

The Fabias before the 2016 model year (which started in about May 2015) don't have Android Auto.

IIRC when I had my S7 (before I lost it... oops) it required me to fiddle in with the settings a bit before it worked. Also, you need compatible apps, which are listed on the MirrorLink website.

• 2 weeks later...