New cupholder phone tray

Oooh, that looks better than our current version, which serves no real purpose for us. One on order, thanks for the heads-up and the link! :) 

4 minutes ago, shanemeh said:

$20 for a bit of plastic to hold a phone that you can't pick up while driving anyway?? What's wrong with glove box, door pocket or passenger seat?

Just because you don't have a use case for it, don't dismiss others - for instance, if you use Android Auto or want to plug the phone to charge, that is a great location.

The so called "phone box" doesn't fit a modern large phone with a cable plugged in the USB plug.

Just now, Jaco2k said:

Just because you don't have a use case for it, don't dismiss others - for instance, if you use Android Auto or want to plug the phone to charge, that is a great location.

The so called "phone box" doesn't fit a modern large phone with a cable plugged in the USB plug.

You have a USB connection in the glove box, you can put the phone in there and plug it in?

5 minutes ago, shanemeh said:

You have a USB connection in the glove box, you can put the phone in there and plug it in?

Eh? Where? Not in my car, for sure :)

4 minutes ago, Jaco2k said:

Eh? Where? Not in my car, for sure :)

My bad I thought there was. I don't use USB and just stream using Bluetooth. Sure it's useful for those that use Android Auto, just seems so damn expensive and pointless to me.

I took off the rubber surround from the current phone holder (I've got a Mk III vRS), lined the inside with some stick-on felt and it now fits my iPhone 6 perfectly.  It's too small for an iPhone 6 if the rubber surround is left on (as many will already know) and, of course, once the rubber surround is removed, the phone will rattle without the felt lining.  Cost me pretty much nothing. :D

The only use I found for my pre-FL "phone holder" is temporarily storing barrier car park tickets between getting them at the entry and parking up to put it in my wallet.

The car was designed for 2012/2013, that was only a few years ago, it's not like phones have suddenly gotten huge in the space of 4/5 years

Edited by WillM82

21 hours ago, VRS230 said:

I put mine in the little draw under the stereo :blink:

Note 4 won't fit... BT helps but if you need to charge it's silly with cables into the armrest box.

- Bret

Just ordered the new one from my dealership, £6.71p, a lot cheaper than 19 Euros !

JKW

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JKW said:

Just ordered the new one from my dealership, £6.71p, a lot cheaper than 19 Euros !

JKW

Can you share the part number please? The one on the Superskoda link doesn't look like a VAG PN.