New cupholder phone tray

No part number I'm afraid, but the "parts guy" said there were two phone holders on the Skoda system, no pictures, but the latest one became available for the '17 model wef February this year, and that's the one he's ordered for me. I'm banking on it being the right one !

JKW

18 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

May one ask please, whats the cable for ?

Thanks

I am pretty sure that it is for charging the phone - for modern phones the built-in USB port just won't cut it cause it doesn't provide enough juice, specially when the phone has Bluetooth enabled.

On 12/04/2017 at 09:47, Jaco2k said:

Just because you don't have a use case for it, don't dismiss others - for instance, if you use Android Auto or want to plug the phone to charge, that is a great location.

The so called "phone box" doesn't fit a modern large phone with a cable plugged in the USB plug.

That a poor design then, on the Superb an iPhone 7+ in a case fits with the usb plugged in (and drawer closed) 

9 minutes ago, Ferdinand01 said:

Link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5E0857630-BUS-5E0857630-Genuine-Skoda-Octavia-3-multimedia-holder-/112358684244?hash=item1a29197654:g:EqEAAOSwdGFYuuWT&vxp=mtr

forgot shipping cost.. then it will be more than 20 :o

Edited by bytterga

3 hours ago, bytterga said:

shipping cost doubbles the price... 

well could always drive to slovakia and pick it up :D

:D Gonna call my local dealer tomorrow and see what their price is, called today but they're closed 

• Like 1

On 14/04/2017 at 11:54, Jaco2k said:

I am pretty sure that it is for charging the phone - for modern phones the built-in USB port just won't cut it cause it doesn't provide enough juice, specially when the phone has Bluetooth enabled.

Confused re the cable.. Is there a usb port or something built into the holder? 

2 minutes ago, Micks_address said:

Confused re the cable.. Is there a usb port or something built into the holder? 

Looked again... It's a micro usb charger connected to cigarette lighter 

.. Your phone should charge from the USB head unit fast enough... Mine does on my pioneer head unit in my current car using Android auto... Phone charges quicker than being discharged 

. Htc ten

Update from my dealers ( NOT my local one, previous bad experience there !) - new phone holder arrived there this morning & will post on  to me later today. Total cost £6.71p incl vat, postage free of charge - that's what I call excellent customer service and the reason I'll continue buying / leasing my cars from them.

JKW

Edited by JKW
Missing letter !
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Ferdinand01 said:

Can iphone 7 plus fit? :(

Short answer - I don't know, my phone's a Samsung Galaxy- similar size ?

JKW

• 1 month later...
On 2017-4-24 at 00:44, JKW said:

Short answer - I don't know, my phone's a Samsung Galaxy- similar size ?

JKW

Which model? Just to get the sizing. Fits with some space to spare, or tight fit?

2 hours ago, deepakvrao said:

Which model? Just to get the sizing. Fits with some space to spare, or tight fit?

Samsung Galaxy J3 - comfortable fit, certainly not tight. JKW

My new vRS came with the old holder. I emailed the dealer (Horton Skoda) and they said they didn't know a new one was about and it's just what the factory put in.

Edited by Turkleton

15 hours ago, IanMary said:

Galaxy S7 fits no problem either, even with the galaxy wallet phone cover on. 

If I can fit my OnePlus 2, pretty much any phone can fit :)