1988 Estelle 20v Turbo Quattro

Guest sters2000

16 minutes ago, sters2000 said:

The oil is fine, I had however just jetwashed all the underside and engine bay as my next job is to seam seal the car underneath where I have welded it and give it a few coats of underbody protection !

Look up Buzzweld for underbody protection - they do some cracking stuff based around oil rig paint technology, Craig is a very helpful bloke who can also tint the underbody coatings to whatever colour you want (as long as it has a paint code of course)

Guest sters2000
1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

@sters2000 - I was thinking more of a reversal of the old joke about the VW "Beetle" where a female owner tries to check the oil by opening the front!

Ahh yes sorry, would be funny and also to catch it on video !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sters2000
7 hours ago, ColinD said:

Cracking looks really great. The arch work really sets it, how can I say, purposeful, yes, with some bulldog esq presence. Love it!

Thanks

Guest sters2000
7 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

Hey Sters, that's one hell of a fine job you've done there. Have you had to have each stage inspected as you progress with the project ? 

No, making it legal is still an obstacle I need to get around  !

Guest sters2000
8 hours ago, faboka vrs said:

Meant to say lancia integrale arches lol

The template arches I bought are advertised as integralle universal arches

image.jpg

Guest sters2000
40 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

@sters2000 What colour is it? The photos are showing as 2 different greens and a dark blue on this monitor.

The body colour is Fiat 735/A Grigio Imprevedible, the alloy rim protectors are lime green

1 hour ago, sters2000 said:

The body colour is Fiat 735/A Grigio Imprevedible, the alloy rim protectors are lime green

I do like that colour combination, also particularly like the side-winder hood arrangement - are you going to be able to put gas struts it?

On 9/9/2017 at 23:08, sters2000 said:

No, making it legal is still an obstacle I need to get around  !

Thats what I was wondering about - is it going to need SVA as if a kit car?   

I always thought that having wheels that protrude beyond the body would be against construction and use regs

Looks excellent though.

Edited by superbPerhaps