Kodiaq - Crazy spec options .. or is it just me?

H1UBS

I was so looking forward to the release of the Kodiaq, finally a hi spec large SUV and with great towing potential (caravan).

So, I want a diesel for the torque ( at least 150bhp)

I want a 4x4 .. you just need it towing a 1.5 tonne shed.

I want a manual .. ( sorry to DSGers .. it's just too lazy .. especially towing! )

I want LED headlights on a 2017 car, and I like Alcantara seats  .. so lets hit the configurator !

.. oh forgot to say .. generally just me , the Mrs and the dog. Don't need 7 seats, but a big boot would be nice!

So computer says no to LED's and Alcantara if you only need 5 seats.

And you can't have the 4x4 manual diesel 7 seat with a tow bar.

Having seen it up close it is really disappointing to accept that I won't be owning one soon.. 

You will ideally want the SE L spec which currently comes with only 7 seats. Skoda will be offering the option to delete 2 seats later this year. If you want manual 4X4, look at the 190 Diesel, you can have a towbar in it. Otherwise it'll have to be DSG 150. Again, it is possible that in the near future, you.may be able to have the towbar in the 150 manual.

56 minutes ago, BigfootW said:

If they sort out this issue with the 150 manual 4x4 and rate them for towing, will I be able to use my already built one to tow ?

It will depend what's on your vin plate as gross train weight and whether the 2000kg towing max is included. If it hasn't been or is blank (likely, if they haven't got type approval ) then ..no.

1 hour ago, BigfootW said:

If they sort out this issue with the 150 manual 4x4 and rate them for towing, will I be able to use my already built one to tow ?

I think it would depend on whether it was a clerical error on their part to not get that model approved for towing, or does the car need any modification.

It might well just be the Skoda online configuration system.  I've found that every car I've purchased could be reconfigured by the dealer system that was not obviously available to the on line system.

27 minutes ago, ernieb said:

It might well just be the Skoda online configuration system.  I've found that every car I've purchased could be reconfigured by the dealer system that was not obviously available to the on line system.

No, Skoda has officially said you cannot have a towbar in that particular model. See the other thread on this. Also, you cannot have 5 seats in SE L spec currently, but Skoda have said it will be available later this year.

Just get Skoda UK Customer Services to send to you the Official Spec for the vehicles being offered for sale if there is any change from the Spec that was published up to Orders been taken.

9ZicFfa.png

Xp5lwKQ.png

@bigboss,  agreed my comment were more a general reflection of the continuing issues between the online configuration and what's after available via the dealer's system.

• Administrators

There are presently 34 combinations of the Kodiaq, https://cars.briskoda.net/skoda/kodiaq/derivatives. Given the spec's my hunch is they are targeting different groups. The 7 seater trimmed up for the urban school run. The rest, who knows. Perhaps still looking for the right market groups, for towing, the other models, octavia, superb are the traditional submissions for towcar awards. I struggle to think they can get away with that on the kodiaq given the issues I've been reading on weights alone ;)

Last year there were so many days when systems didn't match and even better, the prices changed :) I gave up trying to keep on top if it. I don't have the budget or time to check the minutiae of skoda's build system. #towbargate was first seen as a configuration error, this has manifested to be more. Sadly the dealer can be in the dark as much as we are. When I speak to them, many say how great briskoda is as they've found stuff out before; possibly never, being told.

Edited by ColinD
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2017 at 03:56, bigboss said:

You will ideally want the SE L spec which currently comes with only 7 seats. Skoda will be offering the option to delete 2 seats later this year. If you want manual 4X4, look at the 190 Diesel, you can have a towbar in it. Otherwise it'll have to be DSG 150. Again, it is possible that in the near future, you.may be able to have the towbar in the 150 manual.

"Skoda will be offering the option to delete 2 seats later this year."    Is this  a guess, a hope or reliable information?  .. just hoping the latter !

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2017 at 20:18, H1UBS said:

"Skoda will be offering the option to delete 2 seats later this year."    Is this  a guess, a hope or reliable information?  .. just hoping the latter !

By which time the new Karoq (Yeti replacement) will be on sale, with just 5 seats,  specs have just been released (see Yeti mark 2 section, until a mod renames it)

However looks like on Karoq, the 190 engine is DSG 4x4 only.  Other engines have option of manual box.

Hello all - I'm new here, looks like a nice bunch of people!

I'm looking for a Kodiaq with 1.4 TSI (150PS), 5 seats and I want a higher spec, like SEL as it has alcantara seats, LED lights.  Ideally I want a manual gearbox too.

I'm confused why Skoda will only release the 5 seater in lower specs in the UK.  The 7 seats are not needed - they weigh more/reduce efficiency, take up space, cost more and also the car insurance is also higher.  Not many people actually ever use them.  Come on Skoda, give us more options to buy the car we want!

Welcome.

Is the insurance really higher?  How do you know if there is no 5 seater to make the comparison against?

You need to go with the 4x4, then you can have a 1.4TSI 150ps manual,

SE, SE L, Edition.

Maybe Skoda UK will change what they import in the way of 5 or 7 seat models once they see how sales go of what they are offering now.

Edited by Awayoffski

Higher insurance - I saw that posted that somewhere, but I haven't tried to compare quotes for a like for like model with only change being the number of seats.

I also dont need 4 wheel drive, but maybe I'll hold out to see if further options will be released ...

On 5/6/2017 at 14:22, Awayoffski said:

Maybe Skoda UK will change what they import in the way of 5 or 7 seat models once they see how sales go of what they are offering now.

17 hours ago, bigboss said:

Skoda did mention that in the future, even higher spec models can be ordered with 5 seats. No idea when though.

In Ireland, all the prices they give for our models are for 5 seats. If you want 7, its €1,000 more across the range, whether its a 125ps petrol or a 190 diesel.... (Active, Ambition and Style trim levels available). 

I never did understand why they made 7 seats mandatory on the higher specs, I doubt if I will end up using them more than a couple of times in 3 years, but you never know, it will make ferrying the kids about easier.

Hi guys, just thought I'd chime in as I was speaking to a Skoda sales person today about an Edition spec Kodiaq.

She mentioned that it would be available to order "soon" with 5 seats, with a saving of around £1k when compared to the 7 seater Edition spec car. She said she expected to see the online configurator updated soon to reflect the new options.