Coilovers & Exhausts

Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to car modifications so this is why I'm asking questions on this site. Can anyone recommend a nice sounding exhaust and/or affordable but reliable set of coilovers for my 2017 Monte Carlo Hatch?

I'd greatly appreciate any input, the last thing I want to do is cause unnecessary damage to my almost brand new car. 

Thanks.

Briskoda-Lemto-Footer-2.png

• Like 1

Not come across an exhaust yet well not a decent one a member on had one made and if I'm honest it didn't suit the car 

Coil overs are something I've never had an interest in but dpm list some as well as venom infact here is a link 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Fabia+NJ+coilovers

Link to exhausts here 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Fabia+NJ+exhaust

1 minute ago, malcster said:

Not come across an exhaust yet well not a decent one a member on had one made and if I'm honest it didn't suit the car 

Coil overs are something I've never had an interest in but dpm list some as well as venom infact here is a link 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Fabia+NJ+coilovers

Link to exhausts here 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Fabia+NJ+exhaust

Thanks for your reply malcster, I appreciate it!

However, those are a little bit out of my price range. I haven't even picked up my Skoda yet (hopefully in the next few weeks) so maybe I'm jumping the gun too quickly. 

In terms of exhausts, I think I'll go for a Cherry Bomb as I believe they sell a universal version. Although they may not be as loud as I'd hope (mainly because I've used them previously on a 1.2 VW Polo). I think the small engine sizes emit a less noisy tone from the exhaust sadly. With that being said, it does sound much better than stock. 

Once again, thanks for your reply!

Welcome to 2017 mate 

Cherry bomb **** i had one on my xr2 back in 1993 

Rather than ruin a nice car with cherry bombs and coilovers why not appreciate the car first and think about modifying afterwards especially while the vehicle is in warranty 

But hey it's your money and your car it's up to you good sir 

Edited by malcster
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, malcster said:

Welcome to 2017 mate 

Cherry bomb **** i had one on my xr2 back in 1993 

Rather than ruin a nice car with cherry bombs and coilovers why not appreciate the car first and think about modifying afterwards especially while the vehicle is in warranty 

But hey it's your money and your car it's up to you good sir 

It seems to be a brand that many people have used. I understand your point but surely if it'll provide a better sound it's worth it? I'm not wanting to increase the car's performance. Also, would it void my warranty? Because I heard that it would only void my warranty if the modification caused an issue with the car. 

Maybe I am just over excited to get my first brand new car, who knows? My main aim is definitely to keep the bodywork in tip-top condition by detailing it when it is required. 

I'll definitely take your suggestions on board, thanks again!

Probably void warranty on exhaust system plus potential Amy engine issues could be contributed to the difference in back pressure not saying it will but if they can wriggle out of paying they usually will 

You may have to cut the rear Bumper and difussor to fit the exhaust 

6 minutes ago, malcster said:

Probably void warranty on exhaust system plus potential Amy engine issues could be contributed to the difference in back pressure not saying it will but if they can wriggle out of paying they usually will 

Fair enough, but if the exhaust system is held on by clamps surely I can put the stock exhaust back on?

Honestly, I'm hoping the stock system sounds good, nothing I hate more than having a horrible sounding car.

Just now, Awayoffski said:

Which Engine / Gearbox has the Monte Carlo you are getting?

Have you not tried driving one at the Dealers?

I believe it's a 1.2 90 bhp, somewhere along those lines. I really hope it's the 110 bhp version. I drove one, but it wasn't the one I'm getting, it was the older version.

25 minutes ago, malcster said:

Also, I had a Cherry Bomb exhaust on my 2002 VW Polo for over a year with no engine problems. I can't see why it would effect a new car of Skoda's supposed newly found high quality considering they're owned by Volkswagen.

Just now, Awayoffski said:

Are you buying it so your to modify or are you leasing it?

I've paid a deposit and I'm going to be paying monthly instalments. I mean, I'm a car fanatic and a young guy so obviously I'm going to want to modify it. 

16 hours ago, Lemto said:

I believe it's a 1.2 90 bhp, somewhere along those lines. I really hope it's the 110 bhp version. I drove one, but it wasn't the one I'm getting, it was the older version.

Surely it's quite important you know what engine you're getting? The difference in insurance premiums between the two outputs might be considerable. 

16 hours ago, Lemto said:

I've paid a deposit and I'm going to be paying monthly instalments. I mean, I'm a car fanatic and a young guy so obviously I'm going to want to modify it. 

I'm all for modifying cars but the Fabia Monte Carlo you'll only be able to do so much with. You can't really do much to make it look better (other than have the sports suspension and 17" Savio alloys). It will never have the same support/options as a Fiesta/Corsa. Also bear in mind that if you try to hand the car back at the end of the term (lease/PCP) then you'll have to take everything off. 

38 minutes ago, Scuffer said:

Surely it's quite important you know what engine you're getting? The difference in insurance premiums between the two outputs might be considerable. 

I'm all for modifying cars but the Fabia Monte Carlo you'll only be able to do so much with. You can't really do much to make it look better (other than have the sports suspension and 17" Savio alloys). It will never have the same support/options as a Fiesta/Corsa. Also bear in mind that if you try to hand the car back at the end of the term (lease/PCP) then you'll have to take everything off. 

Of course, it's important to know that information, but the whole process was confusing, I was between choosing a White Monte Carlo that would've taken 3 months or a Meteor Grey Monte Carlo that would only take 3-4 weeks. I opted for the Meteor Grey because the colour intrigued me. Also, the engine size was never made fully clear to me, only that it was a TSI engine that would be more powerful than the engine in my 1.2 VW Polo. I'm really hoping it's the 110bhp engine.

As for modifying the car, the only change I would make is the exhaust; however, I'm only going to do so if the process of removing the stock exhaust doesn't require cutting or any permanent "damage". I'm hoping it's held on by a clamp like some other small cars, but I have a niggling feeling that it won't. The reason I think this is because my VW Polo didn't, with that being said the car is 15 years old.