Sport Suspension Question

Hello everyone,

I have a simple question: if I choose not to have Sport Suspension installed before buying my car, is there any way I can get it installed at a later date (not free obviously). 

Thanks.

Briskoda-Lemto-Footer-2.png

The sport suspension is lower springs nothing else.

?

Do you know yet which engine output you ordered & which wheels have you gone with?

45 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

The sport suspension is lower springs nothing else.

?

Do you know yet which engine output you ordered & which wheels have you gone with?

I guess they aren't really necessary then! I believe it is infact the 90bhp version and I went with 17" Savio wheels; at least that's what I think they're called.

Hi 

I have the Sports springs and the 17" wheels, fitted at the factory. I would just fit aftermarket ones to be honest, dont bother with the Skoda ones! It doesnt look much lower than the standard suspension. I believe its about 15mm lower, however the larger wheels do help to fill the arches better. I have seen some 40mm lowering springs online, that i will get at some point :) 

1 hour ago, martinjell said:

Hi 

I have the Sports springs and the 17" wheels, fitted at the factory. I would just fit aftermarket ones to be honest, dont bother with the Skoda ones! It doesnt look much lower than the standard suspension. I believe its about 15mm lower, however the larger wheels do help to fill the arches better. I have seen some 40mm lowering springs online, that i will get at some point :) 

Thanks for that, I'm glad I opted for 17" wheels. Not sure whether I should go for lowering springs or coilovers. Either way, they're going to have to be taken out before I give my car back at the end of my 3 years. 

On 4/18/2017 at 17:40, Lemto said:

Thanks for that, I'm glad I opted for 17" wheels. Not sure whether I should go for lowering springs or coilovers. Either way, they're going to have to be taken out before I give my car back at the end of my 3 years. 

I guess it depend how deep your pockets are ! Springs will give you the look, but coilovers will ride and handle better. 

If you do not have the car yet tell the Salesperson you deal with to have the person doing the prep / PDI not to put a 'Dealership Sticker' on, 

or make sure if on it is removed by them before hand over.

Or just do it yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

We have two Monte Carlo estates (1.2 110) one a 16 plate the other a 17. 

Both have the larger 17's but the 17 plate has the sports suspension. I drive both daily and from a driving experience you definitely notice the difference, ok it's not a big difference but the sports suspension does make the car feel more planted with less body roll.

• 2 months later...

@Fullraceb20. I think you are probably best placed to answer this please.

I'm thinking of trading down from a 2.0 tdi Yeti to a '17 1.2 110tsi Monte Carlo estate, and after reading a few reviews online, they mention as a downside, how firm the suspension is. Now having owned the Yeti for almost 4 years and like the comfortable ride but don't need the diesel anymore having just retired, I was wondering  just how firm the suspension really is?  Is it that firm it is going rattle the last of my teeth out and jigger my back for good?  I have not had a test drive yet. TIA

Edited by Trev2
typo

On 4/23/2017 at 14:22, Awayoffski said:

If you do not have the car yet tell the Salesperson you deal with to have the person doing the prep / PDI not to put a 'Dealership Sticker' on, 

or make sure if on it is removed by them before hand over.

Or just do it yourself.

Always get the dealer to remove them because they are then responsible if they pull off the heated rear window elements.

• Like 1

^^^ That would be ones inside the car where a total plonker has applied them on the heated rear screen, they need a good talking to.

As for the ARNOLD CLARK and others on the exterior it is unbelievable how many leave them on.

Especially the faded Arnold Clark ones with half of the lettering worn off by the rear wiper! Crazy. My car only has tiny 'Westover Skoda' lettering on the numberplates and that's it. As it should be.

On 15/07/2017 at 08:01, Trev2 said:

@Fullraceb20. I think you are probably best placed to answer this please.

I'm thinking of trading down from a 2.0 tdi Yeti to a '17 1.2 110tsi Monte Carlo estate, and after reading a few reviews online, they mention as a downside, how firm the suspension is. Now having owned the Yeti for almost 4 years and like the comfortable ride but don't need the diesel anymore having just retired, I was wondering  just how firm the suspension really is?  Is it that firm it is going rattle the last of my teeth out and jigger my back for good?  I have not had a test drive yet. TIA

Trev2 - In short yes the suspension will definitely feel harder than a Yeti's. I live out in the sticks and the roads are terrible so for me at times it is firm but not tiring. I've done many 3hr plus drives and never finished the journey worn out or wish i had a different car.

Trouble is the yeti has a larger profile tyre with smaller wheels so any car with bigger wheels and slimmer profile will feel harder.

Both our Fabia's are brilliant with either suspension and wheel combo, my wife drives the white one with sports suspension and 17's and never moaned about the car : ). 

• Like 1

Thanks for the answer.  Just had a test drive and was happy with the ride.  I'm guessing the 16" wheels helped.