PM statement at Number 10

Laurie61

I'm interested in the views of some conservative voting members.

As a labour voter I'm feeling confident that whenever the next general election is Labour will win. 

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/06/01/news/uda-linked-magazine-urges-support-for-dup-candidates-1041820/

this is quite enlightening and that's before you dig into the dodgy money from the Saudi secret service channeled via a Scottish Tory source (I kid you not)

Adam, I'll give you my view as I voted Tory and have served numerous tours in Northern Ireland that they are total ****s just like their opposition Sinn Fein. I don't want any of our parties doing a deal with them or any other party that supported terrorism and less to do with any sympathiser.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Adam, I'll give you my view as I voted Tory and have served numerous tours in Northern Ireland that they are total ****s just like their opposition Sinn Fein. I don't want any of our parties doing a deal with them or any other party that supported terrorism and less to do with any sympathiser.  

Refreshing to hear that as I've an ex soldier on Facebook trying to tell me they were 'patriots'.  Seriously. WTF?

• Like 1

I have some mates too that sympathise with the Loyalist, not helped that in Northern Ireland very few came from the Nationalist side, as they were trying to murder us. They are a very small minority though as most who did the patrols know that if they come across a loyalist murder squad they were as much a target as any Nationalist they may have been trying to kill. 

One of our main targets in support of the RUC operating out of Girdwood park in the early 90's was was Johny Adair, the leader of the Red Hand Commando's, a real nasty **** and we came so close to capturing him in the Ardoyne but after a car chase back to his house all evidence was gone as he stood there laughing.  What we did manage was to stop a catholic been murdered that night. 

Edit. Adair was Ulster Freedom Fighters , still a **** and no surprise on reading up about him after his exile from Northern Ireland became involved with Combat 18.

Edited by CWARD

I don't think many people outside of Ireland / NI really understand the problems.

I've Irish friends from Derry and was speaking to a chap from Belfast at the weekend and even after a loong conversation we (East Coast Scots) still struggled to get it all. Admittedly drink was involved.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, domhnall said:

nuff said?

election 2.jpg

I think you'll find that is a crude photoshop job as it actually looks like this and if you compare you will see how it's been manipulated. They are associated with terrorists, no one seems to be denying that but fake pictures is pointless.

wpid-udamur.jpeg

Edited by CWARD
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, CWARD said:

I think you'll find that is a crude photoshop job as it actually looks like this and if you compare you will see how it's been manipulated. They are associated with terrorists, no one seems to be denying that but fake pictures is pointless.

wpid-udamur.jpeg

ooh cheers for that. I saw it on twitter and it looked genuine enough. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Aspman said:

I don't think many people outside of Ireland / NI really understand the problems.

I've Irish friends from Derry and was speaking to a chap from Belfast at the weekend and even after a loong conversation we (East Coast Scots) still struggled to get it all. Admittedly drink was involved.

I'm married to someone from over there. I have been pushed against the wall finger in the chest in an orange hall about what "you Scotch are doing to our Queen" before now. Seriously screwed up part of the world (on both sides). 

• Like 1

"Truly grasshopper, each man has his own route back to the 14th Century" - standby your beds for a reprise of "Explode your neighbour out-of-doors".

Lucky the GFA set-up at Stormont had already fallen apart, eh readers ?

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

But what I want to know is, how can a country waste 7 weeks on an election and not have a winner?

All we have are Conservatives as 1st loser

Labour have gained but are still 2nd loser

SNP 3rd loser

etc etc.

What, if anything, has been achieved?

Edited by camelspyyder

1 minute ago, camelspyyder said:

But what I want to know is, how can a country waste 7 weeks on an election and not have a winner?

SNP 3rd loser

etc etc.

What, if anything has been achieved?

Lots of political consultancy and lobbying firms have trousered some nice cheques ?

N

8 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

SWMBO gets this wrong too!

A "Home" goal is a good one.

An "Own" goal isn't.

I should not be allowed to type before coffee on a morning. :sadsmile:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

SNP 3rd loser

etc etc.

What, if anything, has been achieved?

Deeper division with more arguments to come. 

Nobody else is prepared to work with the Conservatives because they're horrible people.

UDP are going to use this to their advantage and these ten MP's will be able to do as they please.

So to answer your question. Nobody.

Hopefully there are ten or more conservative MP's that won't accept it.

Edited by Adam_
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

Nobody else is prepared to work with the Conservatives because they're horrible people.

UDP are going to use this to their advantage and these ten MP's will be able to do as they please.

So to answer your question. Nobody.

Hopefully there are ten or more conservative MP's that won't accept it.

I'm hoping the more pro EU tories will rebel. Pretty sure some will not take this well at all.

Seen some reports of dark money, Saudi related, for DUP's Leave campaign. Looks dodgy.

14 hours ago, moley said:

I bet Labour are kicking themselves for not having a decent leader, but there again May wouldn't have called an election. Looks like Labour have picked up the UKIP vote. Tory party leader election soon? back to the polling booth in October? It feels like 1974 all over again. The SNP have lost 21 seats at present.

Pound down again with more uncertainty.

Decent leader? I reckon a massive amount of Labour votes were BECAUSE of JC! Really, the question is imagine how much better Labour and JC would have done with equal unbiased media coverage, as oppose to the trash all over the Scum's front page yesterday. 

6 hours ago, Adam_ said:

I'm interested in the views of some conservative voting members.

As a labour voter I'm feeling confident that whenever the next general election is Labour will win. 

I voted Labour, mainly because of Corbyn. He is the first Politician for a while that is in it to genuinely do some good, not to line his own pockets, not to shaft anyone, but to genuinely make the country a better place for everyone. The bloke listens to people, he treats people and talks to people on a level with them and he connects and communicates like no other party leader I've known, he actually seems to be a normal guy. I agree with the majority of Labours manifesto but the biggest pull for me was the man himself. 

• Like 3

Last result in (Kensington), win for Labour by 20 votes:-

PARTY SEATS NET CHANGE IN SEATS+/- VOTES VOTE SHARE NET PERCENTAGE CHANGE IN SEATS+/- %
Party

Conservative

318 Net change in seats-14 Votes13,667,213     Vote Share 42.4    Net change in seats+5.5
Party

Labour

263 Net change in seats+31 Votes12,874,985 Vote Share 40.0 Net change in seats+9.5
Party

Scottish National Party

35 Net change in seats-21 Votes977,569 Vote Share 3.0 Net change in seats-1.7
Party

Liberal Democrat

12 Net change in seats+4 Votes2,371,772 Vote Share 7.4 Net change in seats-0.5
Party

Democratic Unionist Party

10 Net change in seats+2 Votes292,316 Vote Share 0.9 Net change in seats+0.3
Party

Sinn Fein

7 Net change in seats+3 Votes238,915 Vote Share 0.7 Net change in seats+0.2