Rims protection

Ok we all heard of tires with kerbes protection, but they don't always work and today I stumbled upon this thing called Alloygator.

So if it helps protect those expencive rims. Mine are allready destroyed. But for you guys buying new car tought I might share this info since thing is made in UK.

And it comes in colors and makes the wheels look more cool! :)

4 minutes ago, Oxboll said:

Anyone tried just paying attention and looking where they drive? That should be cheaper than mounting ugly plastic strips to the wheels :) 

Dunno about your roads, but round here potholes can be unavoidable, in the dark especially. :dry:

Three 19" tyres in 9000ish miles tell their own story...and I keep away from kerbs like the ebola virus.

Driving a low car means knowing the location of every single pothole and dip on the roads I drive often. :blush:

Potholes suck! I had a wheel warped on the old Fabia because of that, and no curb protector would have changed that. 

I had alloygators fitted to my VRS but once they are damaged or kerbed they look awful. When they were taken off they left fine scratches around the edge of the rims.

10 hours ago, duffer said:

I had alloygators fitted to my VRS but once they are damaged or kerbed they look awful. When they were taken off they left fine scratches around the edge of the rims.

When I saw the video with the guy whacking the alloygator into the wheel, I was thinking that you are going to have to use Alloygators for the life of the alloy because of the damage left behind by installing it.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 14/10/2020 at 19:42, chrisluciofg said:

stunned at how good or how poor the rim protection was ?

Good way, nothing I've seen are better but, a few equal it. Truth be told, avoiding kerbs is the only way to protect your alloys when you've got so little tyre wall