Creaking and groaning suspension : non active suspension

@Nick_H did you by any chance get the part numbers from your repair?

I wonder if it's worth comparing with Dilz to see whether they used the same replacements. Also (selfishly) I wouldn't mind passing these on to my dealer to ensure they fit the right bits to mine! :) 

Just now, Nick_H said:

No sorry never thought to ask !

No worries :) at least we know the bolts are longer, perhaps that was the improvement, maybe allowing for a little more room/movement without strain

On 2017-6-24 at 18:32, Nick_H said:

Lets hope so... Be interesting to see if it return in around a year ....

I'd be intrigued if it returns in a few weeks for you like mine did - but genuinely hoping it doesn't mate! 

Will keep you guys posted. 

• Like 1

I congratulate you on finding a day when they didn't just have the deaf mechanics in. None of the buggers ever hears any of the clunks, squeaks or rattles when I take it in so I can only presume it gets checked out by the aurally challenged.

37 minutes ago, unclerichy said:

I congratulate you on finding a day when they didn't just have the deaf mechanics in. None of the buggers ever hears any of the clunks, squeaks or rattles when I take it in so I can only presume it gets checked out by the aurally challenged.

:-) Take one of them out and let them hear for themselves.

8 hours ago, Nick_H said:

:-) Take one of them out and let them hear for themselves.

but doesn't work when they have instructions from the producer to not hear :(

Dear Mr. B,

Thank you for your e-mail addressed on the Board Chairman of ŠKODA AUTO.

We would like to inform you that our Customer Care department has been entrusted to review your complaint.

We asked our importer KARLO MOTORS to investigate your complaint. Concerning noises at your ŠKODA Superb vehicle, your vehicle has been more times examined but no clear evidence about mentioned abnormal noises has been found.

If any other noises except of the “state of the art” ones should in the future appear, please visit our authorized ŠKODA partner to perform the problem so it can be solved.

Yours sincerely,

Jana Harms, VAT/2 – Péče o z?kazn?ka / Customer Care / Kundenbetreuung ŠKODA AUTO a.s., T?. V?clava Klementa 869, 293 60 Mlad? Boleslav, Czech Republic [email protected], www.skoda-auto.cz , www.skoda-auto.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, mine has been in the dealers yesterday for this finally... 

I printed this thread off and showed the technician, and took him for a drive in it over some speed bumps where the noise occurred and he was pretty shocked by it. 

They've booked me back in in a couple of weeks, they say they have ordered and will fit a new "stabiliser bar" which I think is the anti roll bar. They're doing it under warranty. 

Will keep you updated on how it goes

Drew

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 04:18, MartiniB said:

but doesn't work when they have instructions from the producer to not hear :(

Well the guys at my dealer heard it just fine. Then fixed it. Explain that ?

3 hours ago, drewellis said:

Hi all, mine has been in the dealers yesterday for this finally... 

I printed this thread off and showed the technician, and took him for a drive in it over some speed bumps where the noise occurred and he was pretty shocked by it. 

They've booked me back in in a couple of weeks, they say they have ordered and will fit a new "stabiliser bar" which I think is the anti roll bar. They're doing it under warranty. 

Will keep you updated on how it goes

Drew

Fantastic result Drew :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update you all, today my car has been in to the dealers for the replacement anti roll bar. I asked if they would also be replacing the bushes as these seemed to fix the issue for @Nick_H 

They said yes, as the new bar came with the bushes. I tested it straight away once I'd picked it up, driving over the same speed bumps as I did with the technician before the repair. 

It was silent. Not only silent, but actually felt more refined, sort of 'better built' 

If the noise returns I will most certainly update this thread again, but for now I'm assuming that the new front anti roll bar (they referred to it as a stabiliser bar) seems to be the fix. Or just the new bushes at a minimum. 

:)

• Like 1

Bad news, I went shopping today and the noise surfaced over a big speed bump in the car park. It wasn't as loud or prominent as before, only heard it because we had the windows/roof open, but it's still there :o

I will test further & keep you updated...

On 22/07/2017 at 15:49, Nick_H said:

So far still ok for me. Rick did they do exactly the same fix for your car as ours ?

I never got the paper work, but they fitted new lower arm bushes and new CV outer joints.

Was fine for a month or so and not back to how it was.  If i freewheel over speed bumps the noise is louder than if the brakes are applied.

Been reading this with interest. My car has creaked since getting it Jan 2016. Improves dramatically when westher is warm and I put this down to the anti roll bar bushes as I had an old vectra that did exactly the same thing. Noticed that if I brake on the up or down slope of the hump then the creak  is louder. If someone could try this as well. Go for a drive and when the car is warm and brakes have been used leave either foot on brake pedal or auto brake on and just turn steering wheel slightly. I get the same creaking or groan here as well. When brakes are cool it doesn't seem to do it.

Edited by Neilmonstermell1

10 minutes ago, Nick_H said:

OK all... Given mine a good testing on way home. Totally silent no matter if braking or not !

Hi Nick, I reckon they didn't give me the longer bolts you mentioned, which dealer did you use? 

I might see if my dealer can contact yours to find out which parts were fitted, I'm so annoyed that mine still squeaks 

• 6 months later...