Claustrophobic Feel - Front Seats - Octavia III vs Combi

6 foot 3 and no issue, though I've my seat down as low as it will go.

My wife is 4 foot 9, when she borrows it she has the seat up as high as it will go, it feels like the scene in Police Academy then.

I sit quite far back too, but this one of the only cars I've owned that any rear passengers haven't complained. The Saab beforehand seemed to have poor rear legroom.

I'm 6' 1" and do not have the seat fully lowered. I like to just see the bonnet as a parking aid. I look through the windscreen and am unaware of the sunglasses box or headlining. In short the car feels roomy, quiet and comfortable. A test drive at up to 70mph before buying was reassuring. The only -ve difference  from the previous Octavia MkII  is that the b pillar is more in my view when pulling out into traffic.

Today, actually when sitting in the car, I note my eye level is bang on the middle of the windscreen. I have to deliberately look up to see the non collapsing roof lining which is around two hand widths away from my head. So the OP seems to be rather on the trollish side with also the unsubstantiated needles assertions.

Why do I need to defend the car anyway?

4 hours ago, gregoir said:

Today, actually when sitting in the car, I note my eye level is bang on the middle of the windscreen. I have to deliberately look up to see the non collapsing roof lining which is around two hand widths away from my head. So the OP seems to be rather on the trollish side with also the unsubstantiated needles assertions.

Why do I need to defend the car anyway?

Don't mix topics.

What about the front passenger seat in case that seat doesn't go low. (doesn't have vertical positioning option)

?

Have you contacted Skoda CZ and told them that the seats are too high and the roof too low for someone 5ft 9" or so?

Edited by Awayoffski

I've had 4 different 5ft 10 - 6 ft 3 colleagues in the car this week for work journeys. None of them commented about the low roof line and how cramped it felt. In fact, one of them even mentioned they were surprised by how much space there was inside.

I'm also similar height to OP and I'm perfectly in the centre of the windscreen height wise.

2 hours ago, violetcold said:

I can't belive you guys are still feeding the troll. Aren't there moderators on this forum to close this thread?

Trolls have gotten a lot more polite, and boring, in the 20 years I've been on the internet.

N64 rules!  Playstation sucks!

Ah, the memories.

Oh, and the estate seems to have identical headroom as the hatch.  At least in the front.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imikk3 said:

It is more than that!!!

IMG_9243.JPG

On 23/04/2017 at 21:58, umbral said:

True. Not on normal models.

Does anyone know how much higher the ceiling is on Octavia 3 Combi for the front seats compared to standard version ?

No difference in the front, like I said.