Adding lights in boot

Danrb97

Iv brought a 12v socket which needs to be wired in so I can plug in my led lights to the boot, is there a power source there I could hard wire them in to or where could the best place to install the socket be as it only has about 50mm of positive and negative cable on it

Not done this on a citigo, however when i did it on the missus' Mitsubishi Colt, I ran a +ve from the interior light in the roof as it was easily accessible, thew boot light would only come on when the interior light was on and I could tuck the wires away at the edge of the trim

Edited by Gyp

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a motion sensor light from Amazon which is magnetic & sticks to the wheel arch. I just tried it in the dark & it comes on as soon as you open the boot as a wired in one would. It automatically goes off after 20 seconds if it doesn't detect anything. It also recharges via usb. Well pleased with it as it has saved faffing about with wiring.

On 2 May 2017 at 21:55, nickg65 said:

I just bought a motion sensor light from Amazon which is magnetic & sticks to the wheel arch. I just tried it in the dark & it comes on as soon as you open the boot as a wired in one would. It automatically goes off after 20 seconds if it doesn't detect anything. It also recharges via usb. Well pleased with it as it has saved faffing about with wiring.

Sounds a great idea, do you have a link?

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01MZIW2AL/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1493919614&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=zszt&dpPl=1&dpID=41XRrYxgzIL&ref=plSrch

20170503_210308.jpg

• Like 1