Direct download links for ECE 2017/2018 maps

31 minutes ago, TimmyB said:

Portal still only shows ECE 2017 for my MIB 2 Amundsen, with a notice that "Further update of GPS data will be in November"

just downloaded the new maps for mib 2 amundsen in the update portal. ECE 2017/2018 is version 820 (old version 730)

14 minutes ago, bytterga said:

just downloaded the new maps for mib 2 amundsen in the update portal. ECE 2017/2018 is version 820 (old version 730)

Would you mind sharing the link? When I log in with my VIN the portal shows

ECE 1 2017

With a link containing the text "STD2_0730_EU1_2017"

On 01/06/2017 at 19:17, Stitch15 said:

Is the Discover pro the same as the MIB2 Amundsen in a late 2016 O3?

Late response, but for MiB...

VW Discover Media aka Discover Navigation = Škoda Amundsen

VW Discover Pro aka Discover Navigation Pro = Škoda Columbus

Updated my MIB2 (Octavia III SEL Oct 2016) from the Update portal - it showed both ECE 1 2017 & ECE 2017/2018 - the latter being a slightly larger size. Downloaded both to my hard drive overnight (8hrs download each file!). Decided to use ECE 2017/2018 as it appeared to be the more up to date. Followed instructions:-

• back up existing SD card to computer (then to portable HD)
  • unlocked & reformatted card to FAT32 with 4k segments
  • unzipped to SD card (took over an hour) and removed and locked
  • inserted and ran

Navigation worked OK but!

1. Daughter's road on new estate (completed June 2016)near Norwich not shown despite it being on "Where" WEB site ("Where" appears to be source site  for VAG maps) - also not shown on my TomTom
  2. Route navigation still tries to send me down a local farmer's track despite having edited it on "Where" as a bridleway only - myTomTom directs down the proper road

I noted during the unzipping process that the file structure includes sub directories for VW and SEAT.

Not sure what i've achieved in the download apart from consuming electrical power. Can't see the point in having such a massive file to include SEAT & VW + all those countries in Europe we shall never ever visit! Simply Clever could involve an update without the VW & SEAT files and a UK & ROI only option for the majority of UK drivers who do not take their cars over the channel. I personally fly and use my Tom Tom Europe & ROW - life time updates

well, the police station in my town got a brand new building on the other side of town in 2013 but the new map still show the old adress... i guess it will take some years to get it right B)

5 hours ago, Peegee said:

Daughter's road on new estate (completed June 2016)near Norwich not shown despite it being on "Where" WEB site ("Where" appears to be source site  for VAG maps) - also not shown on my TomTom

The map data used by VAG is taken from Here several months before, so the Here website will often show roads & changes that are not present in the map data released by Skoda.

3 hours ago, bytterga said:

well, the police station in my town got a brand new building on the other side of town in 2013 but the new map still show the old adress... i guess it will take some years to get it right B)

It took Navteq (now Here) over 5 YEARS to correct a major road change I informed them about, so don't hold your breath waiting...

• Like 1

Even if many people submit the same correction, I'd assume the company have to physically verify the road changes somehow to prevent spamming & false requests.

I'd guess that this is what takes the time to do but 5 years is a bit too long.

I drove a major road near Cambridge and that wasn't corrected in at least 3 years having had the junction redeveloped. The new roads are now lead in opposite directions to what they used to. TomTom don't have this problem. Maybe VAG need a new map supplier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2017 at 18:10, SimonD316 said:

Thanks guys, it's not showing for my VIN yet but I'm downloading using the links above :)

Simon I assume that even though there was no update for your VIN when you downloaded using these links you were able to get the latest map versions working OK. I am in the same situation, not sure why it says there is no update available when it seems there is? thinking of doing the same as you and doing the update without the update portal.

Thank you aki78, just done a successful update.

As some ppl have had problems fitting the new update onto the card, I didn't bother to format it as I usually do, just deleted the old files & copied over the new ones.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason you need to format to 4k segments is because files on the card are stored in whole segments.

If you store the tiniest file it uses a segment ... if your segment size is 32k (the windows default), that's 32k on the card used up.

All file sizes get rounded up the same way and makes a big difference to space reserved when there are hundreds of files.

Also Windows writes a hidden data recovery directory to the card.  If the files don't fit try running "services.msc' (just type it in next to the start button), then stop the services called search and storage before formatting the card.  You can restart the services after the card has been removed or just restart windows.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a direct link to ROW ???

Hi, Hi, I bought an Octavia, 2015 from France. I try to update navigation maps to include Israel but when I enter VIN number I have only one choice which is maps of Europe. Can anybody help me to get map of Israel or ROW added to my navigation data?

Just checked my VIN on skoda and it says it can only be updated at service! is that true? its a Amundsen+ in a Fabia monte carlo tech or is the MIB2 update the same???

Thanks in advance...