A bit of a mundane question. Having seen a few Favorit rally conversions on here, I wondered what is the most popular method of mounting front spotlights without using a pod?

The rally cars that I have looked at seem to have a threaded hole either side of the front number plate recess, but I am not sure if this is for spots or for a tow ring. I have ordered some threaded tube as a starting point. On my old Favorit, I fitted a piece of angle iron to the top of the bumper and, whilst this worked, it wasn't pretty.

I am only looking to fit a pair of 7inch driving lamps at the moment, but if I go for a rally replica look later I might want the 2 up, 2 down, so if anyone has any Hella lamps for sale let me know.

This is what I would eventually like to emulate.

26717564670_1920cbb922_b.jpg

These are the holes I am talking about

078-1.jpg

My old Favorit

Favorit ARF.jpg

Thanks for that. I assumed that that was how they fitted but it's nice to hear from someone who knows.

I have since found that a company in England sells brackets for the Favorit, but I am not sure how they fit and whether you still need the tube.