Karoq Specs

SurreyJohn

To try to satisfy different consumers' wishes as regards specifications we are now able to choose much more than just which colour and spec our cars come in.  No longer just standard/super/ de luxe but a whole host of different options to add to the different “base” spec (in this case SE, SE Technology, SEL and Edition).  To differentiate between these “base” specs the manufacturer adds various items from the options list, or introduces additional features not even on the options list.  A cynic might say that as with airlines, it allows the company to keep the headline price attractive whilst bleeding the customer of more money for add-ons which many will want or consider essential.

This adding to the “base” spec may all seem fine, until the detailed spec you want isn’t available either on the “base” spec or from the options list.  The manufacturer doesn’t really offer the customer complete choice and a compromise is needed,  going against the concept of a wide customer choice.

In my case I like sunroofs, but leather upholstery and 19” wheels on the Edition are no nos for me.  So I look at the SEL which looks far more promising, except that I also like light coloured interiors.  OK, so beige is an option, might be the one to go for – except that in the UK it can only come with leather!  Dam it!  In other countries it seems as if beige is an option with cloth (as it is here in the UK with other Skoda models).  Why not the UK spec Karoq?

I cannot understand the UK market’s fascination with black interiors.  They make the interior so dull and claustrophobic and are not easy to keep clean as they readily show up specks of dirt/dust.  The designer spends a lot of time on refining interiors and the great UK public vote for a colour which effectively hides all the good work.

I accept beige is not the best to fend off dirt either, so bring back the mid grey upholstery with a feature fleck incorporated; same with the carpeting and add lighter door cards as well – please.

I too was looking forward to the digital dash – something else to go wrong, I accept, but that’s how its been since before they did away with the need to manually prime the engine oil during a drive – so I may just sit it out and wait to see how things pan out with the spec of the next build phase.

I'm a little disappointed at present, but still looking forward to a test drive in a 1.5 TSI DSG.

1 hour ago, eribaMotters said:

Just watched the clip above.

Oh dear me. What a lot of toys to go wrong, most of which i would never get around to using.

Or am I just being cynical?

Colin

No! You’re not.

The world has gone mad for this “connectivity” business. It’ll be the death of us - literally in many cases unfortunately.

We just don’t need all these 21st century distractions. So many drivers are so bad already we can do without them playing on their touch screens as they roll along.

This morning I saw a lady driving with no hands as she used both hands to fix some clip in her hair.

A few days ago the press reported a bloke has been jailed for killing a young pedestrian after playing on his phone - and speeding.

Portman - Many good points.

Personally I like black interiors but it was probably a bit much in my A6 Black Edition with the black headlining as well, though it did fit with the style of the car and gave it a quality feel.

I can understand why many feel that the same treatment is too much though in the Ateca particularly with its narrow windows . At least in the Yeti the headlining is pale coloured and the glass area is large which gives it quite a light, airy feel. Hopefully the Karoq is better than the Ateca.

5 minutes ago, BoxerBoy said:

No! You’re not.

The world has gone mad for this “connectivity” business. It’ll be the death of us - literally in many cases unfortunately.

We just don’t need all these 21st century distractions. So many drivers are so bad already we can do without them playing on their touch screens as they roll along.

This morning I saw a lady driving with no hands as she used both hands to fix some clip in her hair.

A few days ago the press reported a bloke has been jailed for killing a young pedestrian after playing on his phone - and speeding.

The thing that makes me laugh having watched that clip and a couple of others e.g. the VW T-Roc and the Volvo XC-40 (both interesting) is all the rollocks that is spouted. Urban experience, this and that lifestyle.

No, for most of us it's just about driving from A to B and hopefully getting some enjoyment from it. And that side of things hasn't changed for years and doesn't need to. For many years now cars have fulfilled that requirement. I've had many cars since the 1980s which have been great to drive. many before that were rubbish though!

Yes, the biggest changes have been around connectivity and technology. From which the only ones I appreciate are ABS, sat nav and front and rear parking sensors. All the rest I can happily live without.

https://youtu.be/2VZygSF00wc

I agree about the touch screen stuff. What can't be underestimated is the stuff like front assistant with city safe, blind spot detection etc. They can literally save your life or at least save you from a bump. Obviously we should be all focused 100% of the time but none of us are infallible, especially not me for all 25000 miles per year! The fact that my Superb would use all these systems to safely pull itself over to the side of the road with its hazards on if it decides I'm incapacitated makes me feel safer not less safe. :-)

Edited by Legfitter

16 hours ago, Fondue said:

That may have been me!

I just looked on the skoda-auto.cz site and they say the digital instrument panel will be available Q1/2018...

Dynamic Chassis Control is due Q2 too :thumbup:

Edition model I believe should come with auto dipping rear view mirror and auto wipers plus why have emergency call for zero money only if you pay £400 for the Care Connect etc.:thumbdown: So it is not free in its own right! Finally scuff plates should also be standard on top spec model. Small things perhaps

But has been mentioned somewhere before perhaps the L&K will incorporate these and other items in the list.

I have just noticed that auto dimming mirrors is part of the standard spec, so please pay twice.

"Power windows with comfort operation and circuit breaker" (from spec of car) does that replace "one touch window with anti trap sensor" never seen it written like that before, perhaps time on translation was short!:D

I know that I am being a bit picky but maybe Skoda will sometime in the future get the configurator set up correct first time, breath held, perhaps not, breath not held.:D

Isn't a lot of what we have been saying immaterial at present. We are unsure about exact specifications and yet Skoda have opened the order books.

This means you are ordering a product and do not know what you are getting. One dealer I have spoken to said he might be getting a demo in December or possibly January. Another said he would be lucky if he got his in February. The situation is mad.

Colin

Good so just have to wait and see if available in the UK and when.  

Thomas is known to get a bit confused and get things wrong.

BROADSPEED New Skoda Karoq Discount UK _ Buy a Cheap Skoda Car Best UK Prices & Deals.mhtml

Edited by Headinawayoffski

• 2 months later...

Just had another look at the configurator as I am looking at it for the wife (SE Tech or SEL) and have found, still what I said above and that you can have heated washer jets for zero money as long as you pay for the heated windscreen which incidentally is only available on the Edition model and not available at all on the other models.

Btw you pay £630 for the 5 year warranty but it is again zero money on the Edition!:D

Edited by Danny 57

The downloadable Karoq spec/prices states

"Heated windscreen with heated windscreen washer nozzles. Only available in combination with heated front seats."

This costs £250 inc vat and is available on SE, SEL and Edition.

Colin

karoq_pricing_specs.pdf