Kodiaq extras - which ones make sense

Yes, you can get Canton and a space saver wheel, not a standard one though.

Dealer said that in this combo, getting the wheel out is a pain ...

So I sent the order through with all the options I initially listed - couldn't get rid of any of them. 

Looking at December '17 - January '18 as delivery.

Thanks for your inputs.

Have a nice weekend,

Andy

The most important extra I have found is a microfibre cloth to keep the screens and controls clean!

• Like 4

On 5/3/2017 at 17:40, djordje48 said:

-Foldable co-driver seat. For me a really must have!

I aldo added it now, thanks for the tip!

Complete LED for the rear lights comes with the Area view package - check.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody seen a Kodiaq in lava blue, if yes can you post a picture?

Wondering if I should go for the aluminium roof raims or black ones - I can choose.

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion:

- front+rear parking sensors

- rear view camera

- canton sound system

- some kind of a spare wheel

- heated front windscreen

- phonebox

- Amundsen

- if with leather interior than heated and ventilated seats (personaly prefer fabric)

- rear side airbags (if not standard with "family care package")

- automatic boot (button operated)

This is along with the standard equipment of full LED lights and Auto light assist and AFS.

For city driving i would choose 1.4 TSI 150 front wheel drive manual, for more highways cruising either front wheel drive 2.0 TDI manual or 4x4 2.0TDI 190 with DSG.

What i think is a waste of money (my personal opinion):

- DCC (only noticable when driving on 19" wheels)

- 19" wheels (Triglav look awsome but ride better on 18"), they need DCC

- headlight washers

- ACC till 210km/h (160km/h standard and works fine)

- 360deg camera

- foot operated automatic boot

- off-road mode button (unless you have alot of snowy hills and you are inexperienced driver due to the hill descend function)

- heated rear sits

- heated steering wheel (what will be next? heated gear shifter, heated door handles...)

I haven't test driven the 2.0 Tdi with 150 with DSG and 4x4. I did test the 150 with manual and 2x4 and the 190 with 4x4 and DSG. All my life i've been driving powerful cars with 6 and 8 cylinders (my MB SLK was only 4 cylinder and that had over 200HP and weighed 900kg) and that's why for my personal needs and enjoyment even the 2.0Tdi with 190PS is on the limit. I don't doubt that 150PS is a good choice , it's just not the choice for me.

I like the relaxed drive of powerful engines, when you gently tap the throttle and the car moves and when you need the power to overtake you have it there to briskly overtake a lory or a bus even uphill on a mountain road. The car weighs almost 2t when counting in the driver, passanger and some luggage, plus the 4x4 system has more losses of power in the drive-train than the 2x4. I don't like to rev the engine too much everytime i want to accelerate a bit more. When my car was in the garage i used to drive my grandparents french cars - renault, peugeot and opel which all had either the 1.2 or 1.4 petrol engines and i hated when i had to push the throttle like on the tractor and it still didn't go anywhere.

If you have only on-road driving, take the 2x4 manual 1.4TSI 150 (city and less miles) or the 2.0tdi 150. Manual in the Kodiaq is one of the best ones out there, very smooth. If you want take the DSG, it works very well with those engines.

If you realy need 4x4 for those snowy hills than pay a bit extra, take the 2.0 190PS, you won't regret it. It drinks virtualy the same as the 150PS and same C02 emissions, only insurance is a little bit more expensive.

Edited by McGyles
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, McGyles said:

(my MB SLK was only 4 cylinder and that had over 200HP and weighed 900kg)

Did it have no seats, roof or engine? I had an SLK and thought 900kg must be a bit light.

A google search shows a 2004 SLK 200 to weigh from 1390kg, up to a SLK 55 AMG at 1540kg.

How did you lose almost 500kg??

Didn't weight it. I had it a long time ago, was a '98 SLK 230 Kompressor. In the license book there was a weight figure of less than 1t - it was about 980kg or so. I remember it because i was surprised how light it was.

Thanks for the hints McGyles.

I took the 190 PS as it will be as 'fast' as my current Superb 2 FL with 170 PS.

This comes with DSG and 4x4 ... which is ok, I suppose.

I expect that when the car will be full, to reach around 2 tones ...

I want the ride as smooth as possible on 18" so I will take the DCC - even for 10% better riding quality.

On 5/13/2017 at 09:50, Paymaster said:

The most important extra I have found is a microfibre cloth to keep the screens and controls clean!

Abso-bloody-lutely. I've gad mine less than a week and a staffy and a white jack russell make it look 10 years old. :( 

• Like 1