HELP PLEASE changing oil pump

Hi

My oil light came on this morning, topped up the oil its stayed on, have taken oil cap off and slightly revved engine not many oil spots coming back up. 

Loos like I will need to change oil pump would be grateful if anyone can direct me to a tutorial to view online before I attempt the job or any other suggestions as to what it might be before I change the pump. It is an ASV engine on a 2003 Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi model.

Thanks

Some engines suffer with blocked pick up pipes from the sump, have a good search on the forums.

• Like 1

Just now, moley said:

Some engines suffer with blocked pick up pipes from the sump, have a good search on the forums.

Cheers will do that now

Also when the oil light came on and I checked it the oil was on minimum so Ive topped it to max and light has stayed on could I have damaged the pump by only having minimum oil in it for a period of time? @moley

12 minutes ago, thegobster said:

Also when the oil light came on and I checked it the oil was on minimum so Ive topped it to max and light has stayed on could I have damaged the pump by only having minimum oil in it for a period of time? @moley

Unlikely to damage the pump, more likely to damage the engine if there is no oil being pumped around it.

• Like 1