Northern Ireland Meet - Sunday 19th Nov 2017

FUBAR

1 hour ago, 02VRS said:

Where exactly is that dude?

It's Cliffs of Magho Viewpoint at the end of the Lough Navar forest drive (great we road up to it and a different one down from it (1 way system). It's a class view over Fermanagh and Donegal. From Enniskillen you head to Derrygonnelly and the entrance is about 5 min from there on the Glennasheevar road. It's not too bad as the Game of Thrones wombles never found it :thumbup: 

This blokes video shows it well (although not the clearest day for distance views). There are others spots within Lough Navar forest, skip to 6:43 to see this bit. 

Edited by FUBAR

Didn't realise you drove down from Fermanagh, fair dues sir!! Lovely part of the world, have family near Lisnaskea, but not been down that way in a good while.

Off chance would anyone know a good Octy diesel £1500 ish without spaceship miles? I know that's a bit like asking for rocking horse excrement, but thought I'd try lol. Mate is looking a decent family bus. (not hinting at your green low miler Fubar, that thing should be preserved!!)

I've a set of front rubber mats from a mk2 Octy a mate gave me if they'd be of any use to anyone?

Edited by 02VRS

29 minutes ago, 02VRS said:

Didn't realise you drove down from Fermanagh, fair dues sir!! Lovely part of the world, have family near Lisnaskea, but not been down that way in a good while.

Off chance would anyone know a good Octy diesel £1500 ish without spaceship miles? I know that's a bit like asking for rocking horse excrement, but thought I'd try lol. Mate is looking a decent family bus. (not hinting at your green low miler Fubar, that thing should be preserved!!)

I've a set of front rubber mats from a mk2 Octy a mate gave me if they'd be of any use to anyone?

Ohhhh how much you need for the mats, I've not actually got fitted ones in mine and keep looking online but torn between carpet and rubber. 

You're welcome to them dude, I'll bring them to next meet or let me know if you're in Belfast any time and I'll try and meet you. The VRS has the fitted carpet ones already so I didn't need them.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, 02VRS said:

You're welcome to them dude, I'll bring them to next meet or let me know if you're in Belfast any time and I'll try and meet you. The VRS has the fitted carpet ones already so I didn't need them.

Cheers mucker much appreciated. I'm not up that often, although I am about to get into the car and head up past Belfast now ironically to catch up with a mate who just moved over from England this morning, collect 20 litres of VW507 oil and  350 packets of salt and vinegar hula hoops (can't get them anywhere around here). I doubt you would have them on you this afternoon, but I may well end going up again in next couple of weeks as I'm burning up some excess holiday days at moment. I have a VCDS Lite KKL cable (can read and clear codes not make advanced adaptations), if it would be of use to you?

D'oh, yeah they're at home, I could be home by 4pm ish but have to pick up sprogs so you'd need to drop by house which would probably be a hassle with traffic etc? I'm near Blacks Rd.

Gimme a shout next time sure and well sort something, I should have thought and mentioned on here before the meet!

Cheers for offer on cable, but think I'm good............... touch wood :D

Just now, Auric Goldfinger said:

Have you become the world first Hula Hoop smuggler Andy

TBH I've been at it for years! A mate used to bring me over my fix when visiting his in laws, but they have just moved over here this morning so brought over 50X 7 packs for me :thumbup: and 4 bottles of Quantum III Long life 507 that I ordered from Simpsons Skoda the other week but as with many things delivery to NI was $100 million or free within GB... 

1 minute ago, 02VRS said:

D'oh, yeah they're at home, I could be home by 4pm ish but have to pick up sprogs so you'd need to drop by house which would probably be a hassle with traffic etc? I'm near Blacks Rd.

Gimme a shout next time sure and well sort something, I should have thought and mentioned on here before the meet!

Cheers for offer on cable, but think I'm good............... touch wood :D

I drive for Ulsterbus in my spare time so am actually in and out a little but not normally for very long. In fact I need to get up to do another driver CPC module in Great Victoria Street at some point :D That might work I tend to get in early ish in the morning when I go up for that. The cable is dead handy if you have a laptop to just check any lights that come on or see what's not made a light come on to help pin point anything for full in depth codes. 

8 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Have you become the worlds first Hula Hoop smuggler Andy  

Transaction complete and I returned to the sticks with my shipment under the cover of darkness and stinking rain. 

7 hours ago, 02VRS said:

No probs, my work isn't too far from city centre so we'll sort sometime sir :)

I'm lucky to have a few mates in the trade who would do any diagnostics for me :biggrin:

Perhaps I could interest you in some Hula Hoops :D

IMG_20171122_184050.jpg

Turned out to be short (thank christ) of what was said to have been cleared out of the local Asda. Gutted to be 3 multi packs short of the ultimate Hula Hoop reverse pyramid though :crying: 

Edited by FUBAR

Theres 308 bags missing.................

^^^  I only like Beefy ones .........^^^  :sadsmile:

Irish customs, Mr FUBAR why do you have 350 bags of salt and vinigar Hula Hoops,

(everyone sits in a circle)........My name is FUBAR and I like Hula Hoops   Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I'm an addict 

I need help................

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

^^^  I only like Beefy ones .........^^^  :sadsmile:

Irish customs, Mr FUBAR why do you have 350 bags of salt and vinigar Hula Hoops,

FUBAR   Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I'm an addict 

My name is FUBAR and I like Hula Hoops

You sick sick man! Beef ones are rank, only OAP's eat them. You can get beef and ready salted here in shops but for some random reason no multi packs of the best flavour on earth as eaten by Jesus himself just before the last supper! Wasn't 350 bags in end as KP have changed from 7 to 6 packs and only 42 of them (someone skimming some off the top), so 252 I make that. Came from England by road in a vehicle on a trailer, then in a vehicle on a trailer on the back of a recovery lorry to Shortbread land and over in the ferry to Belfast, so no customs involved. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I also like cheese ones

Wash your keyboard out! Those are not merely 'cheese' those are cheese & 'evil' flavoured! :sick:

23 hours ago, FUBAR said:

Transaction complete and I returned to the sticks with my shipment under the cover of darkness and stinking rain. 

Perhaps I could interest you in some Hula Hoops :D

IMG_20171122_184050.jpg

Turned out to be short (thank christ) of what was said to have been cleared out of the local Asda. Gutted to be 3 multi packs short of the ultimate Hula Hoop reverse pyramid though :crying: 

LOL not a huge crisp eater, I generally prefer original flavour red packets :)

Edited by 02VRS
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 02VRS said:

LOL not a huge crisp eater, I generally prefer original flavour red packets :)

Ready salted are the same price but with only one flavour ingredient! That's just a false economy.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cormac81 said:

Local mk1 vrs anyone?

I'm banned from buying any further car this year, bought another at the weekend.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/skoda/octavia-vrs/1278008529

You just need to hide one out of the way at a mates, then say you bought another as you sold that one! 

47 minutes ago, 02VRS said:

That's a lot of BHP for that coin!

Any pics of the Astra Cormac??

Only have a few.. would have been awesome car in its day.

So unsure whether to restore it, the engine was a selling point for me.

FB_IMG_1512233953377.jpg

FB_IMG_1512234962530.jpg

My first car wasn't too different than this one, in ceramic blue so nostalgia kicked in.

If you ever see them for sale let me know please.

Might just keep it for the engine or if its in the way sell it on, there was loads of stock car boys after it.