Northern Ireland Meet - Sunday 19th Nov 2017

FUBAR

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 20:00, browne174 said:

While we are talking about buying and selling, I am returning my car back to standard so theres an Airlift 3P kit and a set of 20s up for grabs :tongueout:

Are you running facelift mk2 Vrs wheels now? Saw one the other night drive through Asda/McD's carpark think it was you, I was in the wifes Volvo so would have looked weird or weirder flashing. If it was you looks well, the newer rims make a huge difference.

• 1 month later...

Off topic slightly, but locally relevant:

Was up in Glengormley today for work, and parked up across the road from some dude with a lovely old caravan in his yard (that's a whole other obsession of mine). Wandered over to see, and he only had a 1995 Favorit Estate in the drive, with the same GAZ plate as mine. Then I looked into his next-door neighbour's front yard and HE HAD ONE TOO!!!!!!! Another Favorit Estate (on an English N plate, so probably mid-late 95 too I'd guess). This second lad had a Mk1 Astra too (well it was a Kadett, but I can't remember which Mk that makes it), which I know will interest @faker too. The first one left in the Fav while I was busy working and I left him a note, and the other one was out, so I left his rather scared looking wife alone. Both cars looked in good nick, considering, although the first less so. The usual bits of crusty arch, but OK.

WTF? Have I stumbled upon a cult?

That makes 7 that I know of in Ireland...

I was thinking of selling up too (to raise funds for another crazy thing), but I've got the bug back...

As for meets, I'm not available for a while. GAZ is un-MOTd now, and I'm skint, 'cos we just bought a Sharan to replace our shagged out Zafira. Will get back to it soon enough, unless forced to cash in and sell up,

Hope everyone's ok.

Jonny

Glengormley Favorit 1.JPG

Glengormley Favorit 2.JPG

Glengormley Favorit 3.JPG

Glengormley Favorit 4.JPG

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JonnyHS said:

Off topic slightly, but locally relevant:

Was up in Glengormley today for work, and parked up across the road from some dude with a lovely old caravan in his yard (that's a whole other obsession of mine). Wandered over to see, and he only had a 1995 Favorit Estate in the drive, with the same GAZ plate as mine. Then I looked into his next-door neighbour's front yard and HE HAD ONE TOO!!!!!!! Another Favorit Estate (on an English N plate, so probably mid-late 95 too I'd guess). This second lad had a Mk1 Astra too (well it was a Kadett, but I can't remember which Mk that makes it), which I know will interest @faker too. The first one left in the Fav while I was busy working and I left him a note, and the other one was out, so I left his rather scared looking wife alone. Both cars looked in good nick, considering, although the first less so. The usual bits of crusty arch, but OK.

WTF? Have I stumbled upon a cult?

That makes 7 that I know of in Ireland...

I was thinking of selling up too (to raise funds for another crazy thing), but I've got the bug back...

As for meets, I'm not available for a while. GAZ is un-MOTd now, and I'm skint, 'cos we just bought a Sharan to replace our shagged out Zafira. Will get back to it soon enough, unless forced to cash in and sell up,

Hope everyone's ok.

Jonny

Welcome home stalker man :D 'N' plate could be a 96 too so one of the last ever I'd think at that?? Glad you've had a relapse of the old bug :)

18pxsr.jpg

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

Ha. I took the pictures from well hidden vantage points, but yeah, stalker is right. 

I figured 95 as they stopped making them in 94, and I'd be surprised if they stuck around long enough for 96. I mean they were so highly sought after, they flew out of the forecourts :rofl:

I left my email address and mobile, so I hope they get in touch and save me the bother of another trip up undercover!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyHS said:

Ha. I took the pictures from well hidden vantage points, but yeah, stalker is right. 

I figured 95 as they stopped making them in 94, and I'd be surprised if they stuck around long enough for 96. I mean they were so highly sought after, they flew out of the forecourts :rofl:

I left my email address and mobile, so I hope they get in touch and save me the bother of another trip up undercover!

You'd be surprised how late some cars end up being registered, Mk1 Fabia vRS's were well sought after and there are 09 plates when they finished in 07. Didn't get a look see at the odo? 

ps. The green goddess will need a new home most likely soon 13 months MOT on the old girl and celebrated her 16th birthday 3 weeks ago :D

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyHS said:

She just keeps on going! How's the new blue beast?

No, I didn't look at the odo - It was away when I went over.

Been using the Blue bullet the last week or 3 as the daily and it's been great. Green one is going to waste now with shorter commute. Silly thing of it all is every time I get into the Mk1 I am very impressed with how fresh and nimble she is, bloody thing can do no wrong :( 

• Like 1

Great finds Johnny, wonder does the same bloke own them and just keep one in neighbours driveway. Can't remember when I last saw an estate, did you not introduce yourself and ask if they were for sale lol

I can't make out the plate on the navy estate but the GAZ one is still taxed and mot'd!

Excellent spots jonny stalker! !

Haven't been on here for a while... so I've missed out on some stuff...

On another note.. I don't think felicity will be around much longer... she's got nearly a years mot.... but she's going to need a clutch soon, and needs a full exhaust... both items have signed her death cert... she's not worth fixing...

:(

On 26 August 2017 at 22:44, 02VRS said:

Great finds Johnny, wonder does the same bloke own them and just keep one in neighbours driveway. Can't remember when I last saw an estate, did you not introduce yourself and ask if they were for sale lol

I can't make out the plate on the navy estate but the GAZ one is still taxed and mot'd!

I'll try to find out about the N-plate, but sure the GAZ one drove off while I was working. I spoke to someone at the N-plate house who confirmed they were different owners, and that he'd be back soon, but I couldn't wait around. I'll have to leave it there unless I want to risk a restraining order. Maybe I'll just turn up next time mine's MOT'd.

On 27 August 2017 at 16:15, faker said:

On another note.. I don't think felicity will be around much longer... she's got nearly a years mot.... but she's going to need a clutch soon, and needs a full exhaust... both items have signed her death cert... she's not worth fixing...

Even if you do them yourself? Surely she's worth preserving, or has your Fav/Felly itch been scratched enough?

3 hours ago, 02VRS said:

When I mentioned it was silver he wasn't as keen :sadsmile:

Ballymore Coachworks have one for sale (no pics or price on their website), and I saw one in Hamiltonsbawn by the side of the road, which I assume is the same car. Looked ok, pre-FL estate in green. Unless @faker has already bought it...

Lol!! No i haven't bought the green estate! I put a bearing in the rear of felicity tonight  (****h easy!), and I've been using her as a daily driver for the last 3 months. Been absolutely faultless and has never let me down. Exhaust and clutch can be bought at sensible enough money.... still haven't made up my mind yet. . If I do fix it, I'll be going all out.... two small repairs are needed on the rear arches now. 

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 20:28, Jimi182 said:

Hi all. Could anyone recommend someone local (Belfast) to work some VCDS magic on my newly acquired Yeti? 

Thanks 

A lot of guys had recommended these guys on other forums http://www.walshmotors.co/index.php/contact-us but I've not had any experience myself

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 14:47, cormac81 said:

Theres a local black octy mk1 vrs with xenons at 1350! on FB marketplace, if anyone is interested.

Is that the one was on gumtree that you couldn't see the reg in pics? If so I would pass it now and again, looks tidy and think that guy bought for around £2k as I remember it on gtini about a year and a half ago