Northern Ireland Meet - Sunday 19th Nov 2017

FUBAR

1 hour ago, cormac81 said:

That was some turnout lads. Great meeting you all. Thanks Daniel for plugging in vag.com the light never came on but I buy a sensor anyway.

Just in the door, cracking turn out indeed, didn't expect so many in the end. 

wee brake light bulb for her too :D

NSBLB.png

Just now, cormac81 said:

Lol cheers. That was some trek for you. Fair play!

Ironically this is possibly the shortest distance meet to date. Did an 856 mile round trip to go to the 10th anniversary national and then at about 11pm the night before the following years one I was bored so booked flights and a hire car:

• Like 1

Cracking turnout, good to put a face to the name Fubar and sorry didn't get chat to blackfabia and the guy in black mk2 vrs, got too excted looking at Cormacs motor!!! 2 Mk1 Octies and 3 Mk2s, 4 fabias and a Yeti. Did I miss any??

Have to do it again!

Few crappy phone pics.

Photo1043.jpg

Photo1042.jpg

Photo1044.jpg

Photo1045.jpg

• Like 2

Hopefully it wont be as along until the next one. Definitely there is the interest out there. 

Great seeing the 2 low miler red mk1s together @02VRS  Great variety of tasty skodas today.

Edited by cormac81
  • Like 1

Hopefully it wont be as along until the next one. Definitely there is the interest out there. 

Great seeing the 2 low miler red mk1s together @02VRS  Great variety of tasty skodas today.

You had to mention low milers when this happened on way back down the road in mine :( My Mk1 is only at about 68,100 so it will make me feel better seeing it again tomorrow (not quite the 42K odd though) :)

IMG_20171119_152925.jpg

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 02VRS said:

Cracking turnout, good to put a face to the name Fubar and sorry didn't get chat to blackfabia and the guy in black mk2 vrs, got too excted looking at Cormacs motor!!! 2 Mk1 Octies and 3 Mk2s, 4 fabias and a Yeti. Did I miss any??

Forgot to ask, did you get to 'cruise' home in the end? 

• Like 1

Only run in @FUBAR  Theres 48k on the vRS, 601 miles on the Superb lol

Got to get a 666 pic from the Superb shortly then B)

12 hours ago, FUBAR said:

Forgot to ask, did you get to 'cruise' home in the end? 

Forgot all about it until I came off the motorway dude! Was playing about with it at 30mph just  B)

68K on a MK1 Diesel? That's low, mine had 66k on it when I bought it, 71k ish now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 02VRS said:

Forgot all about it until I came off the motorway dude! Was playing about with it at 30mph just  B)

68K on a MK1 Diesel? That's low, mine had 66k on it when I bought it, 71k ish now.

She was 42K when I got it but is heading for the big seven owwwww now :( It was pretty much mint, I changed to the Mk1 alloys from the steelies and that was about it, rest was kept stock and mechanically perfect. Sadly in last 6 months after some ducks attacked it at work and shat on it, it stripped 2 wee patches of lacquer, one on roof one on top of boot lid. Crying shame as it's essentially a repaint job to rectify and it's not going to happen, would cost more than the car is worth and I cannot justify it. So it's now more so becoming a normal looking old Octy. 16.5 years old.   

Odo.jpg

IMG_20171020_201437.jpg.c849ef4f2f647aae299d218502be2059.jpg

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

Class sir, they're a cracking car, we'd a mk4 Golf tdi (essentially same car I suppose with a smaller boot) for 4years, virtually indestructible! Couldn't be many sub 100k tdi Octies left in existence!! There were a couple of old boys in my street had them from new until earlier this year, both really tidy base models, one looks rough already just a few months after he's sold. Be good to preserve yours as it looks great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 02VRS said:

Class sir, they're a cracking car, we'd a mk4 Golf tdi (essentially same car I suppose with a smaller boot) for 4years, virtually indestructible! Couldn't be many sub 100k tdi Octies left in existence!! There were a couple of old boys in my street had them from new until earlier this year, both really tidy base models, one looks rough already just a few months after he's sold. Be good to preserve yours as it looks great.

To make it factory fresh again would cost way more than I'd get for it after finished, so am going to have to be sensible with it. It's worth £4K in scrappage terms against a new one also in back of mind! :crying:

Was that you in black MK2 VRS Andy? Apologies for not being social when I landed in as went straight for Cormac's Mk1! Hopefully catch up again if we can sort another meet.

Is that location fairly central, or be a good idea move around?

3 hours ago, 02VRS said:

Was that you in black MK2 VRS Andy? Apologies for not being social when I landed in as went straight for Cormac's Mk1! Hopefully catch up again if we can sort another meet.

Is that location fairly central, or be a good idea move around?

That was me mate yes. And don’t worry about it. I had to run off to stop the “why are you not here yet” phone calls from the wife. 

4 minutes ago, cormac81 said:

Was pretty good but it be good to move about, somewhere with a backdrop/ground be nice.

I still recommend down my way :P