Leaky windscreen?

Sko_Go

Cleaned the car last night, and noticed this along the bottom edge of the windscreen....it runs almost the entire length of the bottom edge, but not entirely.

Looks like a poorly fitted windscreen to me, with the white / milky edge showing water ingress.

The car's not yet 2 months old (well, that's when I collected it, but it could have been sat in a yard for 2-3 months!).

Views / thoughts, before I trudge over to see my dealer?

Thanks.

IMG_8461.JPG

I have just bought a 2015 Seat Mii and it is exactly the same but only for about 12 " drivers side. Not too sure about 'leaky windscreen' but it does look like a delamination problem. I'd be interested to hear what the dealer says if you take yours back.

Harry

This is mine,runs for about 12"/14" drivers side, rest is okay. I wonder if anyone else has similar, is it as common as the 'rattle':D

P1020662.JPG

• Like 1

Looks as though it's not common.  I'm not sure how much worse it's likely to get but it obviously won't get any better.  I wonder if garaged cars are less prone or even well waxed cars where the water doesn't sit so much?

Personally at the moment I don't have an issue with it but will keep my eye on it a few months. I still have 12 months left of the warranty which should cover it if needed. Thing is with changing the windscreen I had Autoglass to change my Fabia one and the made a right mess of the dash with the implement he used to cut/free the seal. Don't want to risk that again.

Absolutely no sign of water ingress as yet but as I say I'll be watching it and any further issues I'll report back.

Harry

So, dealer says I need a new windscreen.

They didn't provide any further detail as to WHY it needs replacing (faulty screen / incorrectly installed / other) but I will probe harder on next visit (was there for 40 minutes waiting for a technician to peer at it to confirm replacement!)...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Oh dear....it's gone again....

Waiting a call back from the dealer...

Clear signs of delamination along bottom edge of screen...

Strange that no else has reported this issue...

Has started on mine,have had a look at a dozen or so Citigos and Ups over the last few weeks and would say 70% of them have the same problem.Wondering if it’s worth asking for a new screen if it’s just going to reappear again.

1E13C225-A16A-4DBC-812B-B27064D12F37.jpeg