Summer-time photos...

Goredale Scar and Humber Bridge?

Isn't God's county great :thumbup:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bud said:

Goredale Scar and Humber Bridge?

Isn't God's county great :thumbup:

True - Gods country has some amazing backdrops. These were taken in Castleton (Hope Valley - Peak District) and Humber Bridge. Isn't Goredale near Malham? 

1 hour ago, FloatingBrick said:

Thanks teebs, fab scenery :thumbup:

That was last year, but we're driving to the Dolomites in June, so I'm sure there will be plenty of photos.

6 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

May I ask, please, where abouts in N York's you are relocating to Penquin ?  

Sure, unless there's some sinister motive for said question :D

We're moving close to Guisborough, right on the  northern most edge of the N Yorks national park.   The whole family are counting down the days

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Andysuew said:

280ps sunning itself on the beach in Queensland Australia. Summertime all year round B)

IMG_0210.JPG

Thanks for the pic, car looks fab with black roof. Great beaches in Queensland - and most of East Australia for that matter. Still one of my fave places to visit (just a shame it take me 26 tedious hours to fly there...)

4 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

We're moving close to Guisborough, right on the  northern most edge of the N Yorks national park.   The whole family are counting down the days

Lovely part of the world (very jealous) lol. :envy:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Mrs G and I are hoping to move somewhere around Driffield, in East Yorkshire, we are looking to down size, we are both looking to retire and be mortgage free, we will be nearer to the coast but still quite close to the Grandkids.

• Like 3

Harrogate is a lovely place and with so many more lovely places right on your doorstep, it must have been a big decision for you to leave…. That said, you are planning to move to another very nice part of the country, as is Penguin17, and you’ll both only be 10 minutes from the coast.

Given your picture I assume you’re originally from somewhere around Bolton? Our eldest has been a BWFC fan since the age of 6, he's now 29.

Way off topic, sorry.....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Mrs G and I are hoping to move somewhere around Driffield, in East Yorkshire, we are looking to down size, we are both looking to retire and be mortgage free, we will be nearer to the coast but still quite close to the Grandkids.

Sounds perfect.  I've just mortgaged myself up to the eyeballs to make it possible but I'm hoping it will be worth it.  My current employers allowed me to switch to a remote workers contract so I'll be working from home most of the time, only needing to be in the office for a couple of days, every 2-3 weeks. 

I'm originally from Middlesbrough so we know the area well.   Both our kids were born in Northants and have never had any family closer than 2.5hrs away and they're really close to their grandparents (despite the distance), so hopefully the cons of relocating/new shools/new friends/etc will all be outweighed by being closer to family and living in a beautiful area with lots to see and do.  

• Like 1

Kids are brilliant at settling in and making new friends, I'm sure there won't be a problem there and its good to be near family (assuming you all get on, ha ha). You'll also be able to introduce them to Whitby, Scarborough and a bit of Heartbeat Country, if you haven't already.

Very best of luck to you... :)

• Like 1

That all makes me jealous, would really like to settle in North Yorks or the Dales but work doesn't allow and the cost must be significant now.  Oh well keep passing through and looking at the pictures.

@teebs That's a remarkably clean car amongst all that dirty snow but see of those clouds also look a little threatening, no thunder or hail I trust.  We were in Munich one June and cars were written off after a particularly violent hail storm. :o

53 minutes ago, Whaty said:

Harrogate is a lovely place and with so many more lovely places right on your doorstep, it must have been a big decision for you to leave…. That said, you are planning to move to another very nice part of the country, as is Penguin17, and you’ll both only be 10 minutes from the coast.

Given your picture I assume you’re originally from somewhere around Bolton? Our eldest has been a BWFC fan since the age of 6, he's now 29.

Way off topic, sorry.....

I was born and bred in Yorkshire, a true tight @rse. I have supported Bolton since my schooldays. Mrs G is a true Lancastrian, born in Bolton, how strange was that to meet her, her late father was a season ticket holder a Burnden Park and the Rebook as it was once called. I/we have had many a good few days following the Trotters.

• Like 2

I've just bought a sandwich from the Asda that now sits on the site that once was Burnden Park... I work in Bolton but live in Oswaldtwistle, I love telling people I live in Oswaldtwistle, especially down south.. the look on their face makes me smile every time, small things :)

• Like 2

My dad came for a visit years back. We were touring and drove past the sign for Wetwang. He made me turn around so he could have his picture taken next to the sign. My sister did the same thing for Womenswold. I, personally, am tickled every time I see Elmer's End and Pratt's Bottom. From Jerry, age 9 1/2.

• Like 1