Summer-time photos...

Svend - you're hurting my eyes lol. You car looks Superb (get it?). It looks like its been fitted with one of those snazzy mirror-effect wraps. I can image the headlines in your local newspaper reading... "Skoda driver dazzles on-lookers and brings Cumbria to a stand-still" :whew:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FloatingBrick said:

Svend - you're hurting my eyes lol. You car looks Superb (get it?). It looks like its been fitted with one of those snazzy mirror-effect wraps. I can image the headlines in your local newspaper reading... "Skoda driver dazzles on-lookers and brings Cumbria to a stand-still" :whew:

Thanks mate. She cleans up so well, so easily. Just 25 minutes to do wheels, wash and dry. 

Thankfully neighbours and colleagues keep me busy with their cars. 

"Brings Cumbria to a stand-still" 

Nobody will get hurt though. Cumbria doesn't move that fast in the first place. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whaty said:

Svend, your car looks great and I really like the colour / wheel combination....

Thanks. Happy accident and I wouldn't change a thing on her. 

37 minutes ago, russ1610 said:

Keswick Campsite, Sensationally Spectacular Skoda Superb Sunset

20160713_213342.jpg

Looks ace, I've booked a mucky weekend away in Keswick with our lass at the end of May :devil:. Hope we get the same sunset... 

15 minutes ago, Bud said:

Great pic, much better without the airbrake.

I agree but when we are camping we need the top box, the one without was just a day trip,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's mine - not the most dramatic of locations - my own driveway, just after being washed and waxed by my own dainty hands :). Oh and a car park...

Clean_Superb.jpg

Superb v3_3.jpg

Edited by PaulJS
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, PaulJS said:

Here's mine - not the most dramatic of locations - my own driveway, just after being washed and waxed by my own dainty hands :). Oh and a car park...

Clean_Superb.jpg

Superb v3_3.jpg

Fab shine. I followed a Petrol Blue Superb this weekend and the sun really brought the colour to life! Nice! 

• Like 1

Just now, FloatingBrick said:

Fab shine. I followed a Petrol Blue Superb this weekend and the sun really brought the colour to life! Nice! 

Thank you FloatingBrick - it's my favourite Superb colour. I looked at a candy white L&K and a silver SEL in the dealer as well - but this was my favourite - especially with the good deal I was offered on this one. How are you finding your TDi150?

• Like 1

Just now, PaulJS said:

Thank you FloatingBrick - it's my favourite Superb colour. I looked at a candy white L&K and a silver SEL in the dealer as well - but this was my favourite - especially with the good deal I was offered on this one. How are you finding your TDi150?

I'm glad you're enjoying it, good choice! I'm delighted with my TDi150, I'm averaging 62mpg since I got it, so can't grumble. It's done 8500 miles in just 2 months. I find it comfy, quiet, good to drive (although not quite as agile or fun as my previous Mondeo was on twisty roads) and spacious. A proper mile-munching machine! I'm very happy with it so far. 

• Like 1

I'm glad you're enjoying it, good choice! I'm delighted with my TDi150, I'm averaging 62mpg since I got it, so can't grumble. It's done 8500 miles in just 2 months. I find it comfy, quiet, good to drive (although not quite as agile or fun as my previous Mondeo was on twisty roads) and spacious. A proper mile-munching machine! I'm very happy with it so far. 

They are amazing cars, I'm loving mine, my second Skoda. Though I'm not getting quite so many mpg yet (high 50s on a run). Are you using eco-mode? Mine's in sport mode for that little bit more immediate "go".

I think I'm getting decent mpg because I do mostly motorway driving (ie miles and miles of 50mph roadworks grrrrr). I'm not a fan of Eco Mode - it makes the acceleration feel a little mundane for my liking, so I have it set to Individual Mode with all the options manually set to Sport except the steering which I keep in normal. If I'm driving on a twisty B-road (like I did this weekend in the Lakes) I'll flick it to Sport to stiffen up the steering. 

I think I'm getting decent mpg because I do mostly motorway driving (ie miles and miles of 50mph roadworks grrrrr). I'm not a fan of Eco Mode - it makes the acceleration feel a little mundane for my liking, so I have it set to Individual Mode with all the options manually set to Sport except the steering which I keep in normal. If I'm driving on a twisty B-road (like I did this weekend in the Lakes) I'll flick it to Sport to stiffen up the steering. 

I do mixed motorway with a fair bit more town start-stop than I'd like. I find the acceleration hopelessly slow in eco-mode, and much nicer in sport mode. It feels like a very well judged set up to my mind. It's a much more engaging drive than the mk2 I previously had, imho - I like sports steering mode.

My daily run misses out the roadworks for now, though I have to go around the M60 often enough - every time not a single worker in sight and miles stuck at 50mph thanks to the average scameras  seems like something of a travesty in such an eager car :(

1 hour ago, FloatingBrick said:

Was it me?

Say you like it again:biggrin:

• Like 1