Summer-time photos...

@PaulJS love the colour and think it really suits the Superb.

@FloatingBrick I'm 'only' getting low to mid 50's mpg so to be getting 60+ is excellent.! When I got the car I was hoping to get 50+ so anything over 50mpg is a bonus for me and I'm really chuffed.... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Whaty said:

@PaulJS

@FloatingBrickI'm 'only' getting low to mid 50's mpg so to be getting 60+ is excellent.! When I got the car I was hoping to get 50+ so anything over 50mpg is a bonus for me and I'm really chuffed.... 

50mpg+ is still good. I used to average 47mpg in my 2.0Tdi Mondeo, but the Skoda is beating it hands down. Getting a tow bar fitted today so I bet the average mpg will drop significantly when I drag my big white shed on the back lol

Being a detailing freak all summer means to me is having more time to keep my moon white car clean :)

This was late Friday night, finished cleaning around 9.45 haha..

20170602_220616.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Had a few days in Trearddur Bay and we decided to take the scenic route home through Snowdonia (our decision was helped by the fact they closed the A55). Stopped for a picnic and thought I’d share some photos. The most amazing thing is how clean she still looks. I’ve not had chance to even wash the car in three weeks, it’s been used daily, I’ve done a lot of miles and we’ve had some awful weather (luckily not in Trearddur Bay)… Don’t get me wrong, she won’t pass close inspection but I’m seriously impressed by how well this colour hides the dirt.!  

DSC04462.thumb.JPG.9adac2fb18fd6b0d4e12cb23dcbfe90b.JPG

DSC04463.thumb.JPG.98a2f997a561b554f645699571333c92.JPGDSC04464.thumb.JPG.88ab6ad7b9ff2ff0e6e21b23e5b21038.JPGDSC04480.thumb.JPG.9fe472654c0c82ceba8855dee36ad39f.JPG

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Whaty said:

Had a few days in Trearddur Bay and we decided to take the scenic route home through Snowdonia (our decision was helped by the fact they closed the A55). Stopped for a picnic and thought I’d share some photos. The most amazing thing is how clean she still looks. I’ve not had chance to even wash the car in three weeks, it’s been used daily, I’ve done a lot of miles and we’ve had some awful weather (luckily not in Trearddur Bay)… Don’t get me wrong, she won’t pass close inspection but I’m seriously impressed by how well this colour hides the dirt.!  

DSC04462.thumb.JPG.9adac2fb18fd6b0d4e12cb23dcbfe90b.JPG

DSC04463.thumb.JPG.98a2f997a561b554f645699571333c92.JPGDSC04464.thumb.JPG.88ab6ad7b9ff2ff0e6e21b23e5b21038.JPGDSC04480.thumb.JPG.9fe472654c0c82ceba8855dee36ad39f.JPG

Looks fab, nice part of the world, car looks great too, can't believe it's not clean, looks clean to me lol

6 hours ago, freelunch said:

How's this for a glamour shot? Nose-to-tail on Le Shuttle. And TGBITW*.

*(The gorgeous blonde I travel with)

Eurotunnel.JPG

Ha ha, looking good (car and blonde lol). Like the black roof by the way! 

48 minutes ago, FloatingBrick said:

Like the black roof by the way! 

The black comes with the sunroof. They tell you to crack a window or your sunroof on the shuttle, I guess for pressure purposes. We had it open quite a lot on this trip! Beautiful weather.

15 hours ago, FloatingBrick said:

Looks fab, nice part of the world, car looks great too, can't believe it's not clean, looks clean to me lol

Morning. Yes, when the sun is out it is a lovely part of the world and we were lucky... that said, there was cloud covering the top of most of the hills and what these photos don't show is just how windy it was.

Like I said, can't believe how well the colour hides the dirt, even the wheels look okay :)

@freelunch puts it to shame though, his car looks just as shiny now as it did when he set off on his jollies...!

Spent most of the day yesterday detailing my car (well mostly rinsing actually to prevent water marks haha) 

Decided to get a nice photo at Fairhaven Lake near where I live, and I came across a lovely Sportline so I took a couple of photos of them parked together. Scorching today! 

20170618_131622.jpg

20170618_131640.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, FloatingBrick said:

Both cats look nice, Sportline looks good in white with the black roof. Thing I'll get a black marker pen and start colouring my roof in lol  

Yes I'm trying to go a little bit more sportline, mine is an L&K but with a black front section of roof because I have a sunroof. I've recently added the sportline spoiler too, and the exhaust trims are S2 V6-style, but tbh I might change them again for something else as I'm not sure if I like them or not (what does everyone else think?). :)

54 minutes ago, drewellis said:

Yes I'm trying to go a little bit more sportline, mine is an L&K but with a black front section of roof because I have a sunroof. I've recently added the sportline spoiler too, and the exhaust trims are S2 V6-style, but tbh I might change them again for something else as I'm not sure if I like them or not (what does everyone else think?). :)

I think they look good, they make your motor look meaty :thumbup:. Also like the black spoiler. Is it possible to retro-fit the Sportline chrome exhaust thingies? 

1 hour ago, FloatingBrick said:

I think they look good, they make your motor look meaty :thumbup:. Also like the black spoiler. Is it possible to retro-fit the Sportline chrome exhaust thingies? 

Cool thanks :) it is possible yes it's just a plastic trim piece that replaces the standard diffuser. I'm not sure where people get them from though 

On 18/6/2017 at 14:04, drewellis said:

Spent most of the day yesterday detailing my car (well mostly rinsing actually to prevent water marks haha) 

Decided to get a nice photo at Fairhaven Lake near where I live, and I came across a lovely Sportline so I took a couple of photos of them parked together. Scorching today! 

20170618_131622.jpg

20170618_131640.jpg

Are they Quartz Grey and Moon White? Both look really well and I am trying to decide between moon white, quartz grey and business grey for a sportsline, my current thinking is that the lighter colours will highlight the sport line bits better and was leaning towards the white but the superb looks so well in every colour, its a tough one!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaddicIrl said:

Are they Quartz Grey and Moon White? Both look really well and I am trying to decide between moon white, quartz grey and business grey for a sportsline, my current thinking is that the lighter colours will highlight the sport line bits better and was leaning towards the white but the superb looks so well in every colour, its a tough one!

I'm not sure on the grey one but yes my car is moon white metallic. I think the Sportline must be bought in a light colour, as you say it emphasises the black parts and gives it lots of contrast.

Thats why I love my car, it's an L&K not Sportline but the black and diamond cut wheels, black & glass roof, black gloss grill and black gloss shark fin aerial (all from factory) and of course my recently added Sportline spoiler, it really stands out :)

Edited by drewellis
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaddicIrl said:

Sportline does look good in white as it emphasises the black grille, spoiler, mirrors etc.  If I was lucky enough to be ordering one, I'd probably go for either white with black roof, or be really brave and go for dragon green and buy an oversized pair of Ray Bans B)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, drewellis said:

I'm not sure on the grey one but yes my car is moon white metallic. I think the Sportline must be bought in a light colour, as you say it emphasises the black parts and gives it lots of contrast.

Thats why I love my car, it's an L&K not Sportline but the black and diamond cut wheels, black & glass roof, black gloss grill and black gloss shark fin aerial (all from factory) and of course my recently added Sportline spoiler, it really stands out :)

Thanks for that, when she who must be obeyed asked what colour are you going for, I said I was thinking white and showed her the picture above. She said for business use, the quartz grey as its more understated but why go sport line and understate it? there maybe trouble ahead :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, FloatingBrick said:

Sportline does look good in white as it emphasises the black grille, spoiler, mirrors etc.  If I was lucky enough to be ordering one, I'd probably go for either white with black roof, or be really brave and go for dragon green and buy an oversized pair of Ray Bans B)

Funny cause when I first showed herself she said go for the dragon skin :blink: TBH I would only go for the dragon skin if it were a 280 but its a 190. Heart says 280, head says 190!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MaddicIrl said:

Thanks for that, when she who must be obeyed asked what colour are you going for, I said I was thinking white and showed her the picture above. She said for business use, the quartz grey as its more understated but why go sport line and understate it? there maybe trouble ahead :biggrin:

Yeah I know what you mean, I work in Cloud IT and have had to visit a few client sites etc, I always get comments about it looking the dogs parts (especially because I always keep it clean - it gets washed every weekend). One of the most senior bods in my office has a Tesla Model S... guess what colour :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nick_H said:

Summer time pic from me :-)

Looking good! I think the Superb looks good in red, the current colour range is heavily weighted with 50 shades of grey - like on mine lol. I think Skoda's colour department are on annual leave 

• Like 1

Agreed lol ! I love bright colours .... I had a Giallo Fly TVR.... That's the colour I would have had my Superb had the chance. .... Mind you I intend to keep the bloody thing long enough so I may have a colour change at some point ;-)

1 minute ago, Nick_H said:

Agreed lol ! I love bright colours .... I had a Giallo Fly TVR.... That's the colour I would have had my Superb had the chance. .... Mind you I intend to keep the bloody thing long enough so I may have a colour change at some point ;-)

Keep fingers crossed that when the next new Superb comes out that the colour department are back from holiday. When you look at Audi, Mercedes, BMW and Skoda they all seem to offer similar (and fairly boring) shades of grey, grey or grey. I think the Sportline would look great in the VRS racing blue from the Octavia range. 

• Like 2