Cambelt + Waterpump change. Ball park figure

Get the cheapest quote you can, using genuine parts, locally via email.

Then contact your local Skoda Dealership who will price match it if you print off the email and show them (or email it to the service dept).       Had mine, cambelt kit, water pump coolant and aux belt done at Skoda last October for £399, for an extra £30 got them to change the oil and filter (I supplied, genuine stuff from TPS) and they stamped the service book with all the work too.

Cant really argue with that.

Edited by Muzza80
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/9/2017 at 20:31, stuart vrs said:

I had my wife's Octavia 2005 elegance's cam belt, water pump and coolant changed in April through Skoda for £485. 

This is exactly what I have been quoted by Skoda - £385 for the cambelt on its own and £485 for cambelt and waterpump

On 5/3/2017 at 20:35, Muzza80 said:

Get the cheapest quote you can, using genuine parts, locally via email.

Then contact your local Skoda Dealership who will price match it if you print off the email and show them (or email it to the service dept).       Had mine, cambelt kit, water pump coolant and aux belt done at Skoda last October for £399, for an extra £30 got them to change the oil and filter (I supplied, genuine stuff from TPS) and they stamped the service book with all the work too.

Cant really argue with that.

When you say genuine parts do you mean VW parts? or OEM?

Got mine done the other month, cant remember the exact price, but I know the cambelt, water pump, and a full service (all filters inc fuel, brakes service and clean up too) was around £450. So probably £300-£350 for the cambelt and water pump? The guy worked for skoda for donkeys years so knows the cars inside out. Always suits me!

• Like 1

Just to update the above post, just found the invoice:

Cambelt
water pump
fuel/oil/air/pollen filters

4L 507.00 oil
screenwash and other sundries/environmental waste etc
2L antifreeze/coolant
6 hrs labour

£470 inc Vat.

Hope that helps?

• Like 1