Looking To Replace The Monte Carlo

bradfordfabia

We need a bigger car and the wife wants to move away from Skoda. Went to look at a Suzuki Vitara, told the salesman about the car being on a PCP deal and he told me Suzuki dealer could pay of the PCP ( which I knew ).

We owe £6800 on the car which is now 2 years old. I want to know should I tell the dealer what I owe before they value the car?.

Personally I would tell him what you owe. He will then know if your car is worth more or whether you are in negative equity. It's the only way he can get the best deal to suit you. It all comes down to trust in the end so best to lay your cards on the table and haggle from there imo.

I don't see the point in withholding details of the amount owed as he will have to ask you this in any case before he can work out any figures. That would be my thoughts anyway, good luck.

Most dealers will do an HPI check as part of there px appraisal, it will show on finance and name the finance company, dealer then can phone and get the settlement figure and work out from there.

You probably find you are in negative equity - but check if you have paid 50% of the value to allow you to VT the agreement and walk away.

Read your contract - it will tell you this value.

It may be cheaper than teh negative equity to pay to the 50% VT point.

If you are planning on taking the Vitara on finance it might be prudent to ask Suzuki's credit provider if VT-ing your VWFS agreement will affect your application for Suzuki finance, before you VT the Skoda.