Thinking about buying a Skoda Spuberb estate MKII (2013-2014)

Gheb

Dear Skoda fans,

As my family expanded I am thinking of buying a Skoda Superb estate from 2013 or 2014 with DSG,4motion. I have some questions and I hope you can help me with :

1. If I would have two child seats with isofix attached in the back , is there any room between them so an adult can sit? 

2. What engine should I choose in order to be sure that car is still powerful even  full packed ?

3. For a used skoda superb 2013-2014 on what elements known to have issues should I focus my attention before buying? In other words , when going to buy the car on what to look .

Best Regards,

Gheb

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Re two child seat - can't comment much as my son is now 21 and 6ft 5". However whilst the Superb has loads and loads of rear legroom the car isn't that wide
  2. Engine - with the 4 motion - probably the 170 CR diesel would be best (depends on how many miles you do/ type of driving!)
  3. Things to check - DSG box, any mechanical rattling at tickover (DMF) , any hint of problems with the DPF

On a 2013 /14 - the facelift model is worth going for(some 2013 pre facelift)

Great car with a massive boot for buggies, prams etc...

Edited by bigjohn