DAB radio upgrade

• 6 months later...
On 31/08/2017 at 22:05, JWvrs25 said:

Dont bother with a windscreen aerial they are total ****, i fitted one of these and its brilliant, full dab and fm signal anywhere. the connections were correct out of the box for my Pioneer headunit so would imagine pure would be about the same

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Roof-Antenna-AM-DAB/dp/B00LFHUWLY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504213413&sr=8-1&keywords=hama+dab+aerial

does take a bit of fitting though you have to remove the passenger side plastics to run the cable to the head unit. Well worth it imo.

base looks just like oem and aerial is slightly shorter so gives it a more modern look

as for the faceplate, anything off ebay

Bit of a thread revival here but I’ve just bought one of these for my Mk1 fab, where does the red power (I’m assuming that’s what it is!) cable connect to? 

1 hour ago, berg81 said:

Bit of a thread revival here but I’ve just bought one of these for my Mk1 fab, where does the red power (I’m assuming that’s what it is!) cable connect to? 

The blue wire in the wiring kit is for a powered aerial, so you should use that, which will work only when the radio is on. Alternatively, you could use a tap a fuse from the rear wiper as that only works when the ignition is on. It saves risking a flat battery.
Additionally, if you are thinking of using a dash cam, the rear wiper is the best choice to power one of those.