Full suspension ~ £1000ish worth it?

Neo_VR

So after my brief foray back into mountain biking last year (had a Voodoo Bizango for a month, then it got nicked from my shed) im looking at getting a new bike for trail riding (llandegla, macc forest, cannock, Lee quarry are all local ish)

Most my MTB friends have got full suspension bikes, and sing their praises, and i did have trouble keeping up with them on the decents.

So - given i am thinking of spending around 1k on a bike, if its worth going straight for a full suspension model?...

My research has pointed me towards the below as providing the best options:

Boardman FS Pro (can be had for close to 1k with various discounts)

Bossnut 

Beastnut (limited ed of the new bossnut with better components)

Does anyone have any experience of these?

Ta :)

The bossnut / beastnut get absolutely brilliant reviews.

If you are dead set on a full suspension then that is where my cash would go.

You'd get better components on a hardtail, a Whyte 901 is a touch over your budget but is a beast of a bike...

The Boardman bikes are good, have a old school full sus and now have a 2015 27.5 hardtail. Bought both second hand and both were like new. 

Also have a norco full sus that's brillant( again secondhand) done all the places you have bar macc forest. Full sus all the way.

• 4 weeks later...

Well to update this thread after I got myself a Beastnut. A lot of money to spend on a (hopefully) part-time hobby but my man-maths kicked in and justified it in the end.

IMG_20170609_182639.jpg

Just need to learn to ride it now! :D