Stolen bikes

Was this from the Penicuik / Edinburgh area?

Edit. 

Sorry i see where Drylaw is now. 

Edited by Awayoffski

My 2015 Cube Cross Race was stolen 02/06/17 from Central Leeds.  

It was stolen looking as it is pictured but with a small oxford saddlebag.  

The theft has been reported & the serial number is logged on the Police computer and the National Insurance database.

Any information to help get this back is appreciated.

Matthew

WP_20170115_09_25_07_Pro.jpg

• 10 months later...

I am needing to get a new very good D-Lock as i am leaving my bikes longer out of my sight these days and the stress is just too much.

Up to now i have carried pretty heavy Motor Bike cable locks in a back pack & i will sometimes but not when travelling further and needing to lighten what i have on the bike or my back.

On 13/04/2018 at 12:47, Offski said:

I am needing to get a new very good D-Lock as i am leaving my bikes longer out of my sight these days and the stress is just too much.

Up to now i have carried pretty heavy Motor Bike cable locks in a back pack & i will sometimes but not when travelling further and needing to lighten what i have on the bike or my back.

I sell Squire & Oxford locks. Squire locks feel very well made but the keys can be a little fiddly to lock/unlock on the locks I've used & comments I've had from customers,  I've sold all levels of Squire locks and the feedback from my customers is the same.  I haven't sold any Sold Secure Oxford locks but have sold/used some of their lower end locks, they are very well made but feel more functional than top quality.

The big question, which is the better/most secure lock?  I can't comment.  I've had training and support from both companies but have never seen any real world thefts/testing.  I personally use a mixture of both (all Gold Sold Secure).   

My bike that was stolen (shown above), wasn't locked up with a Squire or Oxford lock.  I wonder if I would still have it if I had used one or two of them?

• Thanks 1

Cheers, just now carrying a Abus 12mm cable, Master cable lock, Rubber covered padlock from B&M, £2.99 & a key locking coil.  

& when on the car or pickup, Oxford Motor Bike Chain locks and various others.  LOL.

Broke my Dropper post cable yesterday on the Electric Bike and went on the push bike today and it took a few miles to remember i have to pedal most of the time and put in some effort.

DSCN0300.JPG

DSCN0293.JPG

DSCN0292.JPG

DSCN0304.JPG

Edited by Offski

We tend to use MasterLock D-Locks.  Easy to lock/unlock and is Sold Secure Gold rated.  We needed it for my other halfs £2.5k trike otherwise the insurance wouldn't cover it.  Worth the money though.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

You have my sympathy. Pain in ass even if insured. ...and then premiums go up.

Keep good look on Ebay and Gumtree as they will resurface somewhere. Sounds like pro gang doing as very determined. Perhaps worth having movement detector alarm in your outbuildings with bikes in? Not that costly. ...also external bright movement detection flood light? 

Another thing to look out for is that they do this, wait until you buy new bikes after insurance claim and then come back for those.

B******s!